Deportation, Re-entry Tourist Visa Overstay, Got Married

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLightVamp

I need some advice please ... in short ... I've been in NYC since 1986. I came as a tourist from Canada to visit my mother and I never returned back to Canada. My husband and I got married here ( he's also from Canada ), and i have a daughter that just turned 21. She is filing papers for me now. We have been working here the whole time and supporting ourselves. Are there any reasons they will reject me even though my daughter was born here? Will there be complications, with us working here and not returning to Canada ?

From what you have posted, I don't foresee any complications unless you and your husband have committed a crime or done something illegal that will halt your process. Good Luck!

Presutin, thank you for replying. It feels so good to hear such nice words, I'm so worried that i will get deported back to Canada. I haven't done any crime , but my husband was caught drinking and driving. He spent the night in jail and paid his fine. I got rid of our car the next day. I don't know if I should write that down on the application ? It might slow things down. Any ways , I'm still worried about my boss getting into trouble for keeping us as workers for so many years.

Presutin, thank you for replying. It feels so good to hear such nice words, I'm so worried that i will get deported back to Canada. I haven't done any crime , but my husband was caught drinking and driving. He spent the night in jail and paid his fine. I got rid of our car the next day. I don't know if I should write that down on the application ? It might slow things down. Any ways , I'm still worried about my boss getting into trouble for keeping us as workers for so many years.

I suggest you file using a lawyer. I can't tell you to lie..........But there are certainly things your immigration lawyer will telll you to answer or fill in a certain way. Don't go at it alone given you unique circumstance........ You would be okay if you use a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back