too kind to my husbands friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolynjill3349

My husbands ex-employee has been down on his luck and needed a car. We had an extra car that was not being drove due to the fact that it had some front end damage and need a tune-up, but it was drivable. My husband priced this car 3000.00 below book price to the ex-employee and said it will cost him 1000.00. My husband told his ex-employee to make payments on this car and he even put the car over into his name, ( it was paid for already). This insured us that his ex-employee could insure, and register it to get it out of our name in case of any legal liability because of accidents. Well, here it has been over a month and no word from his this man. The ex-employee is a machanic and did do some work on this car, but the man knew what he was getting in to because we had ask him to look at this car prior to this deal with my husband and myself. We were going to fix this car and have this person do the mechanical work. So, this man knew what he was needing to do for this car. He knew he bought it as is. Now this person can not or will not pay or even make any payments on this car. We have not even heard from him. I received a call from this mans wife tonight and, which we had no business dealings with her, she said she was wanting to return the car and sue us for all the work that her husband done on this car. And she could not believe that we was not even helping them! (I do not know these people well at all, but my husband only knew the man not the wife). If this does go to court could they receive a judgement even though he knew what the cost would be to repair this car, espically since he is a mechanic? Also, what about the wear and tear on this car since this wife has been driving this car to her work 5 days a week, with a total milage of 40 miles per day? Is there depreciation value from this? Also, from what I hear about the wife, I understand that she can be malicious and gossips. I am wondering about the spreading of untrue stories in our community, which is a small place. I do know that my husband and I have a good reputation here, but I can not stand the thought that people like this think that people owe them something. cjr

Well, good luck to your husbands buddy's wife on a win. Blowing sunshine up your skirt.

Sue him in Small Claims court, ask for court costs. When you win, and you will, and you get the judgement, go to the clerk and recorders office and register it there. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back