Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

I was working in a job as a doorman where they had a crazy rule that stated if your relief comes, for example, 1 hour late to relieve you, he has to pay you that hour out of his pocket or has to pay you back in time. In other words, if you are supposed to get off at 7am and he comes at 8am....he has to pay you for the hour that you worked for him out of his pocket OR he has to come i hour earlier the next day to make up for that hour...so the next day he would have o come at 6am. Is this legal in New York State??? I wanted to be paid through the company, but the super of the building refused saying the building DOES NOT want to pay over time.

Regardless of the "rule" your employer has to pay you for all hours worked. Whether it is overtime or straight time out of the other guy's pocket you get paid, bit it is the employers responsibility to make it happen. If the employer knows the guy was late they need to make sure schedules get adjusted. If it doesn't happen them they may be on the hook for your one hour OT.
Overtime is usually not required unless you work more than 40 hours in the week.
How many hours do you work in a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back