Toll Statute of Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

ddickso1

Jurisdiction
Texas
My daughter died February 14, 2011 from medical malpractice who was also disabled. I had an attorney who got an expert witness who gave us a unfavorable response. We found after that the expert witness had privileges with the hospital with which we were litigating against. We have an expert report that shows my daughter sustained 3 perforations from an endoscopy as well as sepsis, periotonitis and total global hypoxic ischemia. In addition 6 blood soak sponges were left in abdominal region.

Just recently this year we received another expert report and it confirmed what we already knew that the expert with his unfavorable report caused us to miss the opportunity of the two year statute. We also have evidence that the State Health Department and the Joint Commission in their investigation claimed that my daughter's death was not due to a Sentinel Event when in fact she died within 24 hours of entry. The hospital gave a fraudulent report that my daughter had choked from a piece of corn dog lodged in upper esophagus, which is not what the medical examiner found as the cause of death.

The hospital, state health department, joint commission, medical examiner all failed to adhere to the statutes and codes as it relates to reporting deaths and the protocol for making sure that responsible parties are made accountable for negligence. Instead they continued to make false entries in reports and to interfere with investigation by fraudulent concealment.

I would like to know what law firm can take the case for toll of statute of limitation for fraudulent concealment of a disabled person.

I would like to know what law firm can take the case for toll of statute of limitation for fraudulent concealment of a disabled person.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.
In many cases, the law offers no remedy for your issues.
Therefore, at some point you must begin to acknowledge that the law has no remdy available to you.
All you need to do is visit or call law firms in your area.
That's probably the fastest method to locate lawyers who might take an interest in your problem.

Another approach would be to ask friends, relatives, associates you trust to recommend a couple of lawyers that would be willing to discuss your legal options.

The statute of limitations has long since expired. It is not tolled because you took bad advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back