to get an executor 'disbarred' from future executorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharley

My sister, the executor will not close my deceased father's very uncomplicated estate. My Dad died Jan, 08 and she told me in Dec, 08 that she is waiting for 1 more possible bill to come before she closes the estate and disburses whatever money is left to all the siblings. She did follow all procedures of execution of the probating of the will up to that point.

Since then she threatened to blackmail me my portion of the inheritance with an issue not related to any estate issues and has now ceased all contact to any correspondence I have initiated. I sent her a registered letter in March, 09 asking for all accounting of the probate(I am not sure if this is the correct legal terms) and asking her to close the estate. I also sent a copy of this letter to the probate dept. of the town of residence she declared my Dad to be living at time of death * (which is not true - she lied to the state).

She is also the executer of other elderly family members which 1 has already passed since my Dad's passing and I am concerned for all other possible transactions between us, or for that matter, lack of transactions on her part. She will not answer simple questions from me or communicate with me.

Do I have any avenues of action to take to get her 1. to either communicate with me, 2. finish the estate, 3. get her from being an executor in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back