tired of the abuse in state govt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmstateemployee

I work for a state agency and I have had and continue having some issues with some employees and supervisors I don't know where to begin or what to do I have a lot of documentation on everything that has happened and I am still documenting I hope someone here can shed some light on what I can do. I am just going to give a brief idea because if I wrote or explained everything I could write a novel. I have been harassed intimidated being yelled at have had to deal with violent behavior towards me and other employees by an employee and also feel like some employees and supervisors are retaliating towards me because of a statement I gave on a sexual harassment investigation on a female employee. Well here is some of whets going on there is an employee that has slandered my name and my wife's he told other employees at work that he came over to my house and that my wife was black and blue from me beating on her, he has also tried to break up my marriage by telling another female that is not an employee that I was not married he also put dish soap in my work boots that were left at work over night. He has told other employees that I was bi-sexual. This employee was also accused by a female employee of sexually harassing her stalking her and threatening her and I have documentation on that in fact the female employee was also told by this male employee that the only reason he was working here was to make her life miserable and there was a big investigation and all they did to this employee was slap him on the wrist. And the is suppose to be zero tolerance on that kind of behavior he harassed this female at work and after work and other people wrote statements on the fact and they did not do nothing about it. The female employee even talked to the local state police about him stalking her after work this employee has also told me if he gets fired or if he quits he is taking me with him. This guy is real jewel I have a lot more things this guy has done but like I said I could write a book. Another employee has violent behavior and still nothing done this employee brought a gun to work not once but twice and that also is against company policy big time and the first time he brought a gun he started flashing it around saying he was going to go postal this guy is very violent and very intimidating he has threatened to kill his kids on the phone he is always talking about how easy it is to kill someone and get away with it he brags on having illegal guns at home this guy is a gun freak, he has made violent comments towards me and a few employees. In fact there was a business guy in the community that was found dead by police at his place of business and this employee and him had a partnership on a business in town and that went sour and this employee made threats to this guy on the phone about going to his place of business and killing him in fact he was even on the suspect list after the murder but I guess the police didn't really know the facts and the threats that were made by this guy in fact after the murder this guy knew everything about the crime scene and what was taken and what wasn't and I also feel I should talk to the police about this guy because im sure I know more info then the police knew when they questioned him but im afraid of this guy im afraid I might be hurt or even killed or have my home burned this guy is really physco he is very intimidating and yet again the state agency does nothing. One of our main bosses once made a comment that we better to glad to be where were at because that's as far as we are going to get and I feel that chances of promotion or advancement are not going to happen because I gave a statement on the harassment case and I don't think they liked that. I tried to transfer because I am afraid of these employees and I was denied in fact my father was very ill with heart failure and was on his death bed and I put in for a hardship transfer and was denied I was told there was no openings where I wanted to go but then again another employee in another town puts in for a transfer because her mother was ill and that transfer was granted and there was no opening where she went. I also twisted my back at work once and I caught nothing but hell from risk management I was told I got hurt elsewhere and not at work well when I went to the workman's comp. Dr. before I arrived there; the Dr. even knew what was wrong risk management had already talked to him and the Dr.. Told me I didn't get hurt at work also between the Dr. and risk management I felt they were calling me a liar and they had both diagnosed me before they even saw me or examined me and when I asked the Dr. if he mind if I got a second opinion he walked out the room in a rage and slammed the door open and then slammed the door behind him he called my employer telling them that and I fell all this goes back to retaliation well this is just a brief idea there is a whole more and I have documentation on everything just don't know what to do and im afraid to do anything. This state agency has some serious management issues most anyone in the district has some stories on the way management takes care of issues I think they are endangering life's and health issues by not taking care of issues so I not only have to deal with bad employees but also bad management. I feel threatened and intimidated

Wow!

Your post was really hard to read. Maybe next one put points in a bulleted format for easier reading. I don't think too many people will want to respond because of all the different issues. BUT, I will say that since you state you have documentation then you may want to consult with a laywer. Does the woman who filed the original sexual harassment complaint have the same issues as you? Is she being retaliated against? Then go together. Have you filed formal complaints with your HR department? Did all the bad behavior toward you start after the sexual harassment incident? If it's been on-going then hard to prove retaliation. You can file an EEOC complant, go to their website and see if your issues are discussed there. If you reported these issues to your HR do you have documentation you did so? If you decide to report this to HR, EEOC or see a lawyer there will be repercussions...possible things will get worse before they get better. If I were you I'ld definately try and find a new job. About Worker's Comp. there are lawyers who specialize in claims so you may want to consult one about that issue. Keep us posted...good luck.

to calalily

sorry about the long letter but thats just a taste of it there is alot more and yes the lady the filed the harrassment charges is also getting the same treatment, and this has been going on before the harrassment incident and things only got worse now we have had all kind of investigators and mediators come talk to us and things get good for a dew days and then back at it again HR knows about it and nothing gets done and i thought of going eeoc but i feel nothing will happen there either and things will only get uglier these guys have only been there maybe 6 or 7 yrs and i have been there 15 years so i cant just find another job i only have more years to retire bt at this rate i might not make it.thanks for a least reading my letter

to calalily

sorry about the long letter but thats just a taste of it there is alot more and yes the lady the filed the harrassment charges is also getting the same treatment, and this has been going on before the harrassment incident and things only got worse now we have had all kind of investigators and mediators come talk to us and things get good for a dew days and then back at it again HR knows about it and nothing gets done and i thought of going eeoc but i feel nothing will happen there either and things will only get uglier these guys have only been there maybe 6 or 7 yrs and i have been there 15 years so i cant just find another job i only have more years to retire bt at this rate i might not make it.thanks for a least reading my letter:(

Eeoc

At least check out the EEOC and call the hotline for advise to see if you can file a complaint, then decide whether it is worth it to you or not. Also, check out the Whistleblower's Act and see if anything pertains to you there. A friend of mine had to resign after 15 years and was ablt to find a new job, so don't rule that out completely...at least look and see what's available so you have options. Keep all your documentation and keep on documenting whatever you can. Don't forget about the Worker's Comp lawyers; they can at least give you a consultation to see if you have a case there. I am so sorry for your troubles. :( Research different issues on the web and see if you can find other help there. Good Luck. Keep us posted as to how everything goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back