Tire rotation scam

GOTCHA...AGAIN

I bet I've really got your attention now! Think about it for a minute. If all four of your tires on your vehicle are identical, then how do you really know if they were really rotated? You absolutely don't know. By nature you just trust the word and ethics of a big dealership...like Moritz Dodge over here in Fort Worth, Texas.

Believe it or not but today I actually marked my front passenger tire with 1 red dot and 1 white dot right above the first "r" in Grappler and took a picture of it before I went to the dealership to have my tires rotated. Can you guess what I saw when they said my truck was ready? I walked straight over to the front passenger tire to look for the dots and yes they were there. I honestly felt my face instantly get hot I was so pissed! I pulled my phone out and pulled up the picture...I forgot to mention the picture had the date and time stamp on it. I walked straight over to the manager and showed him the picture while letting him know that I just now paid to have my tires rotated and asked him "does it look like my tires where rotated to you?" He was shocked that his guys never rotated my tires and informed me there would definitely be consequences for this.

Even while all this was happening I couldn't help but to begin thinking of all the other times I paid to have my tires rotated...and I only thought they were rotated! That infuriates me to the core!

There are millions of vehicles going through these dealerships and let's not forget about the small "mom and pop" automotive centers that are suppose to be providing us with the service that we are paying for....IF YOU DON'T FIND A WAY TO ENSURE YOU'RE GETTING THE SERVICE YOU'RE PAYING FOR, THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO KEEP RIPPING YOU OFF BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL.

***BE AWARE OF SERVICES THAT YOU PAY FOR***
TAKE THE SMALL STEPS THAT YOU CAN TO ENSURE YOU'RE NOT BEING RIPPED OFF!
I VERY MUCH BELIEVE THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD BE TREATED FAIR.

To read the full blog you can click on my personal blog link

TIRE ROTATION?: KNOW YOUR TIRES

If you read the full blog please leave a message at the bottom of the actual blog. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Possible solutions:

Buy tires at places where you can watch while your vehicle is being serviced. Many tire dealers will rotate the tires for free if you buy them there.

Buy a couple of floor jacks and a wrench and rotate your own tires.

Possible solutions:

Buy tires at places where you can watch while your vehicle is being serviced. Many tire dealers will rotate the tires for free if you buy them there.

Buy a couple of floor jacks and a wrench and rotate your own tires.
I would buy my own tools if I got to come home every night after work. I don't have that typical job. I'm always traveling in my truck. Would look kind of funny if I pulled out a bunch of floor jacks and tools at the hotel room to sit there and rotate my tires

Hardly.

Now what is it that you need advice on? What's your question?
I didn't realize the Forum had to be about questions. It's a damn shame that a police officer can't be grateful that someone is just trying to warn people about dealerships screwing over their customers. But then again, why would you?

People should be careful in their dealings with any business, especially those involved with auto repairs.

This isn't a consumer affairs site. You should be making a complaint with your local BBB and/or consumer affairs agency.

People should be careful in their dealings with any business, especially those involved with auto repairs.

This isn't a consumer affairs site. You should be making a complaint with your local BBB and/or consumer affairs agency.
Just like this isn't a place to catch crooks...hit the streets cop and do your job. Looks to me your more worried about expressing your opinion then stopping crime. I'll "back the blue" all the way but I've got no respect for a cop that thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

I hardly think I'm smarter than anyone else. Simply advising you that your post is inappropriate for a legal advice website.

I understand the desire to shame a bad dealership and the anger you must feel. I think that the responses you're receiving may also have to do with the fact that you've posted a link to your blog and asked people to read more there and leave messages there instead of discussing it at the place where you decided to post and notify members. That usually doesn't sit well at most sites.

Etiquette aside, have you reported the auto shop, garage or car dealership to the Better Business Bureau? A department of consumer affairs for your state? That's probably one of the best ways to deal with fraudulent conduct. And if they are an authorized dealer, you have the option of contacting the automobile manufacturer. But let's dial it back for a minute. Who exactly committed the wrong -- is it the dealership or is it a couple of lazy employees? I don't know. I don't know if you know. While it's certainly possible that the owner knows what's really going on and he'd rather have his employees appear to service most cars, think about what you want to accomplish and whether you've identified the right party.

More questions - did this dealership offer you any remuneration? After all, you spent time to bring your car there and lost time waiting for them to fool you. What was the end result? I don't recall seeing the "make right" offer to you, if any.

Back