Timeshare

Daphne Solomon

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
I purchased timeshare in Louisiana April 15th ,2019. Me and my foolish self was not aware that I had x amount of days to cancelled. When I did called it was 2 days after the cutoff period. I've called them and they told me that they could not rebuy or help resell it. So I contacted Xtraction timeshare to help me get out of my contract. I want to leave Xtraction but they keep telling me that Bluegreen can and will take all my assets my cars and anything of value. Is this true

Nobody can take anything from you without a lawsuit and a judgment. And, even then, there are limits on what anybody can take. You are being BS'd.

What's Xtraction?

What's Bluegreen?

What is your problem with Timeshare Xtractions? Did you sign a contract with them? Give them any money?

If you default on your contract with Bluegreen you can be sent to collections and/or sued. A judgment can result in wage garnishment and bank account attachment. Judgment creditors rarely go after personal property because it's an expensive process to take the property, store it, insure it, sell it, pay off any loans, just to realize pennies on the dollar. Homes and cars are often exempt from creditor actions to some extent.

Yes I did pay them money and they're were the one who told me that Bluegreen would come after my cars. I'm disable and live off social security and have no money in savings

Listening to my family. It's that Bluegreen vacation club and my family told me they would help contribute to the $329 monthly payments. Well see I got screwed

I'm disable and live off social security and have no money in savings

Then you are judgment proof. There's nothing anybody can take from you. Your Social Security is exempt.

Your car is exempt from judgment if it has no more than $7500 in equity per LA statute 13:3881A(7):

Louisiana State Legislature

I think the people at Timeshare Xtractions are trying to scare you into giving them more money. What you've already given them is probably gone so stop dealing with them.

There are reputable time share help companies online. Just make sure you check for reviews and complaints before you contact any.

You might even consider not making payments to the time share company any more. You'll be in default and they'll make a lot of threats, too, but it will be hot air.

Yes I did pay them money and they're were the one who told me that Bluegreen would come after my cars. I'm disable and live off social security and have no money in savings

A privately owned business, as in the creditor you described, can't levy against your social Insecurity bennies.

Even if the IRS were to lust after those bennies, the powerful IRS could only seize 15% of some bennies.

You might wish to discuss your issues with a bankruptcy attorney.

If the planets align properly for you, a chapter 7 BK would eliminate the debt entirely, along with the threat.

Back