Timeshare Purchase - Illegal Practice by Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

noirkat

Signed docs on a purchase on a timeshare. We changed our minds and wanted to cancel, but our sales rep called us and said too bad because we won a substantial amount of money on some contest. If we wait until escrow closes we will ge the winnings (which supposedly was able to make a couple of payments). Because of this, we said okay. When we received money, it was only for $173.00 (our timeshare monthly payments were $236). $173.00 is hardly enough for 'a couple of payments. On top of that, the check was signed by her and from her personal checking account. I thought it strange, but didn't think anything of it. Just recently I was told that this may be illegal of her. Need advice. Would like to cancel the whole thing and get my money back. We would not have continued the agreement otherwise.

Did you call up the BBB or the state attorney general's office to find out if there were other complaints against the company or this sales agent? Did you speak to anyone at this company with regard to what occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back