Timeshare Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

After a lengthy sale 'talk' and signing for a Timeshare we cannot pay (stopped all payment, nothing paid in).

Bankruptcy is the answer, I cannot do BKR as only 3 yrs have gone since a personal BKR filed. The sale of this timeshare was accomplished on her credit (shaky as she had BKR over ten years ago).
If she files can they force me to pay this debt? We are both 72 yrs old & living on Social Security. I have about 20,000 in an IRA.

An attorney asked us 'why' then advised us to stop payment on this...

A separate question is why would this company push us to the edge for sale, then we borrow down payment on wifes very shaky credit and get into this position. We have lives to try to live and have no interest or ability to continue this fiasco...

After a lengthy sale 'talk' and signing for a Timeshare we cannot pay (stopped all payment, nothing paid in).

Bankruptcy is the answer, I cannot do BKR as only 3 yrs have gone since a personal BKR filed. The sale of this timeshare was accomplished on her credit (shaky as she had BKR over ten years ago).
If she files can they force me to pay this debt? We are both 72 yrs old & living on Social Security. I have about 20,000 in an IRA.

An attorney asked us 'why' then advised us to stop payment on this...

A separate question is why would this company push us to the edge for sale, then we borrow down payment on wifes very shaky credit and get into this position. We have lives to try to live and have no interest or ability to continue this fiasco...

Your retirement income (SS) can't be levied against. They can sue you, and they might get a judgment they'll never be able to do anything with EXCEPT to put a lien on your home. If they did that, it'll never cause your home to be sold and you and your wife dispossessed. So, forget this idiocy, and live your life. You are cloaked in the Kevlar if old age and social insecurity. There is Nothng they can do to you, expect annoy you, if you pay attention to their noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back