Timeshare contract

J

Jrcrosson11

Jurisdiction
Nevada
My girlfriend and I were on vacation in Las Vegas and we ended up signing a contract to buy a deeded timeshare at the Grandview resort. As we didn't have enough money for the down payment, they split the deposit up to allow us to pay it monthly. The woman that was working with us during closing said that since we hadn't made the full down payment they could not close the escrow process and because of this we would be able to cancel the contract even after the 5 day cancelation period given we did not make the full down payment. This was what made us feel safe enough to sign the contract. 10 days later we decided that we wanted out. We put a stop payment on the scheduled installments of the down payment and tried to contact them to try and cancel and noone got back to us. Then another woman contacted us saying that we were in default and that what we were told about escrow was not true. Were we mislead and need to start paying them again, or are they just using scare tactics to get us to pay?

Were we mislead and need to start paying them again, or are they just using scare tactics to get us to pay?

Generally those scamming liars do deceive those they dupe.

Only you can decide if you must pay.

I suspect most scammers use scare tactics to get their "marks" to pay.

Ok, so then what she said about the escrow process is false?

I suspect that when you ask the company, their reply will go something like this; "What? She told you no such thing. Our "reps" never promise ANYTHING that isn't in the WRITTEN contract. Can you PROVE you were told the stuff about ESCROW? Even if you could, its not in your WRITTEN contract, so it never was said. Now, we expect our money, or else!"

I suspect that when you ask the company, their reply will go something like this; "What? She told you no such thing. Our "reps" never promise ANYTHING that isn't in the WRITTEN contract. Can you PROVE you were told the stuff about ESCROW? Even if you could, its not in your WRITTEN contract, so it never was said. Now, we expect our money, or else!"
I understand that fact that it is not stated in the contract. What I am trying to find out is if that is true according to the law regardless of what is stated in the contract.

Back