ticket for unsafe merge/turn

G

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

First off, my ticket reads, "21804 (A) unsafe merge/turn into traffic from private lot into #2 lane then stopped."

Its partially true because I did indeed come from a private parking lot on a #2 lane but I DIDN'T stop. I simply slowed down because I needed to change on to the other lane after this car had passed me. (Mind you, we were in the downtown area, so the speed limit was either 35 or 40.) Unfortunately there was a motorcycle police behind me and gave me a ticket for that.

But because it was during my lunch break I did not have time to argue with him so I said "yes" and "ok" the whole time.
Is our conversation recorded and should I challenge this ticket?

A traffic ticket isn't a homicide. The cop won't even remember you. Take traffic school. Traffic school makes it all go away.

If the conversation was recorded, I doubt it would be used for a lousy traffic citation. Besides, the cop's word will be taken as 100% truthful. That's how those traffic courts work. In your state, you won't even see a real judge. You'll see some lawyer pretending to be judge for the afternoon.

Back