Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication throwing a party at a state park...need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalsman

So I am planning a camping trip at a state park this Saturday. These trips usually consist of a lot of drinking and good times which usually isnt a problem since we are over 21...but this weekend there are a bunch of underage people coming also so I am wondering what the best way to organize this trip will be. Everybody is planning on drinking. Should those that are under 21 camp in a different site and 'just happen' to meet up with the rest of us later that night? (thereby avoiding any 'providing alcohol to minors' arrests) or will it even matter in the end?

I am hoping that everything will go without a hitch...but I would hate to have overlooked something and have to go pay the concesquences for drinking with underage people. I know that if you are at a house party, those that are of-age do not have any problems but is the situation any different while camping at a state park?

Also, some people want to get a keg. I say this is a bad idea because whoever signs for it could get in trouble for providing alcohol to minors but is the situation any different with bottled beer?

Thanks in advance.

So with the exception of a few warnings from park rangers, nobody seemed to care that we were drinking for a good 10 hours. For future reference...drinking is only allowed in the campsites, and you must obey quiet hours. Also, you cant carry around empty beer cans in your pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back