threating to file police report

Status
Not open for further replies.

casegan

So my mother is bipolar and on xmas eve she lost it. Nobody in our family invites her anymore because of how she is but she let me use her credit card, I have text stats use capone and another text says activate it. My stepdad is a lawyer well it started with her accusing me of stealing her candy, now it is her diamond tennis bracelet and two hummels which i have none of well she says she is filing a police report that her card was stolen, she asked me to go to store, do some xmas shopping i also have all my texts from her saying "you bitch" "fuck you" anyone who reads them can tell she is nuts. My question is can she really do this? can I be arrested?
Also she said she is going to call my work and tell them im stealing medications (im a nurse) she has called be before and told my boss im mean and to fire me. I have done nothing wrong. Im scared for my job, Im scared that she is going to put me in jail. Also while I was in college she endoresed my checks from salliemae, and I never got them someone told me a long time ago to press charges but i never did that was 03-06. Help me!

She can certainly make a report, but whether or not that will be enough to charge you with a crime or not is something no one can really guess.

My suggestion to you is to stay away from her. Do not accept things from her, do not use her credit card, do not do anything. If she IS mentally unstable, and you do use her credit card or accept gifts, it is entirely possible that you could be charged with crimes relating to taking advantage of addled or disabled adults.

If she makes a report about the credit card you MIGHT be contacted by the police. Don't worry about it. Just explain your side of the story. It sounds like a situation in which she will be referred to the civil court. You wouldn't face criminal charges, but you could easily be made to pay for the purchases you made with her card.

Regarding work- beat her to it and just notify the boss that mom is making loony threats. That way, when the call comes, the boss can easily downplay the matter and not be put in an awkward situation approaching you about the claims.

As for the endorsed checks- you have waited too long to do anything. Let it go.

The thing is she gave me a list, it was her stuff which is in her possession. I found more texts on my husbands phone regarding the purchases so I have saved all the texts and her voicemails so if the police question me I have them also on three occasions with her credit card she was sitting maybe 6ft away from me in the store. I just can't believe she is doing this to me. I have a 7month old daughter and I just don't need all this trouble.

Also she won't leave me alone she just keeps texting me i was wondering if i should block her or let her keep throwing mudd at me for more evidence.

Im worried about my job and I don't want to go to jail.

You won't go to jail. If you have those items ready to show an officer if one should come asking questions, that officer will quickly leave... no need to drag it out if the DA won't file charges... it is an issue for civil court. The police won't help your mom with that complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back