Threatened to be reported for collection

Spacesaver1

Jurisdiction
California
I am being threatened that I will be reported for collection by a clinic that I bring my son for therapy. I have a contract with them that states that I have to pay on the first of every month for a twice a month therapy. I was away from the country supposedly for a three week vacation which turned into 4 months due to family matters. Now I get all the messages on my phone of the clinic threatening to report me for collection. All the sessions for my son is paid and they still owe me one therapy session which I have already paid for. I know that they have the contract which I know is what this is about but can they actually report me?

I am being threatened to be reported for collection for services in a clinic that have not been rendered to me yet. I do have a contract with them to pay on the first of each month for clinic services that I still need to schedule with them. Unfortunately, I had to leave the country for an emergency for several months. Now I have several messages about being reported for collection. I need advice on how to handle this situation.

Yes, you can be reported.
Yes, the report will ding your credit.

Be smart, get out in front of this.

Make nice with them.

Offer them some money, explain why you missed the appointments, make them happy, you'll be happier.

Just fix it.

The law doesn't care about these small human disagreements, thank God it doesn't.

Back