Threaten to sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittany05

Are there lawyers who will just write a letter to threaten someone to pay me for medical bills since it's my word against theirs in court? Is it worth going to court if there is no police report or witnesses?

Go to the court house and get all the info you can on small claims. You can't have a lawyer in sc court, so it will be even.

small claims court is cheap and informal, so why not file? The worse thing that can happen is you do not get a judgement.

Depends on the state.

I stand corrected. IN the western states this is more common.

The states that do allow a shyster in there are just doing it to feed the system. Remember The People's Court our of CA?? No laywers. I did watch one case where a lawyer was being sued, and he lost.

It appears that it varies widely as to what one can take to SC court. In My state, anything under $7500, and lawyers CAN NOT be involved. (excluding such as family law, probate, etc..)

Other states you are limmited to what action you can actualy file in SC court. Such as landlord/tenant disputes MAY not be filed in some states. Which seems strange to me.

Last edited:
But the incident happened kind of a long time ago. About 4 months. Isn't it a bit late to file a police report?

Are there lawyers who will just write a letter to threaten someone to pay me for medical bills since it's my word against theirs in court? Is it worth going to court if there is no police report or witnesses?

A lawyer in court can NEVER EVER give testimony. OBJECT to that crap!

You don't need a police report. File your action in court. You have a RIGHT to remedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back