This lady refuses to leave my grandmothers property and she wasn't even invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamela

My grandmother owns her land. She has owned it since she was 13 years old. It belongs to her. She is the ONLY deedholder to the property. That being said. She lets my uncle live their cause he was helping take care of her cause its his mother. Well, my grandmother got to where she was falling alot and my uncle stayed drunk so my Aunt which just lives the next house over asked my grandmother to come stay with her for a while so she could take care of her. My grandmother did. My uncle stayed at my grandmothers house looking after it. He started dating a lady and the lady had her OWN apartment in the next city. She gave up her apartment and started living at my grandmothers home WITHOUT my grandmothers permission. We went to talk to the magisrate about the situation and it has gotten us nowhere. It seems as though the lady has more rights than my grandmother does at this point. My grandmother has asked her to leave on countless occasions and she has refused. This lady and my uncle don't even date anymore and he has asked her to leave. She still refuses. The law it seems, is basically on her side and is allowing this entire thing to go her way. My grandmother is about to have a heart attack. She wants her property back so she can go live back there but was told by the magisrtate that she cannot even go on her own property until this entire thing is over. And who knows when that will be because the lady has asked for a hearing. How can the law allow this lady to take over when my grandmother didn't even give her permission to stay in the first place? I'm sorry to say, but the system isn't working for us. It's not right that people that sit around and do nothing can take from people who worked hard for what they have. It's not right!

You must evict her. This problem arose because grandma did not give the woman the boot from the get go.
It is surely frustrating, but nothing here sounds unusual.

The Lady will most likely claim that she was given permission to reside by your grandmother. Since she has requested the hearing I am assuming your grandmother gave her the eviction notice. At the court it will go in to your grandmothers favour but be prepared if the 'lady' is awarded amicable time to vacate the property which could last up to as long as the court sees fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back