This has to be wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSLCRM

I have a concern with a business that publishes a refunding magazine and message board, that are moderated by the owner. She also runs a yahoo groups board for trading coupons.

I make many coupon trades there. Just last month alone I had over 50, which really helps my family with saving money on our groceries, etc.

I made a trade with a member of the group the yahoo group, this member claimed she did not get my trade. Without even asking my side of the story the owner of the refunding board, banned me from the free yahoo groups.com and her site, which you have to pay for to be a member .The person who claimed they did not get my end of a coupons trade, in return went to to the national chat board and posted she did not receive my end and in that post included my name, address and personal information about my life which I find very violating. Many comments were posted about my family. This person also threatened she is going to turn me into the post office for mail fraud. I know I sent her my end, but since I did NOT send it priority, I am having a hard time proving my innocence.

The board owner moderates all board posts and allowed posts to continue on me which I found insulting and untrue. After being banned from her website which I paid access for, over one person's complaint. I asked her for a refund on the money I paid for the subscription and have not received anything.
My name and reputation were severely slandered. Now I am unable to make online coupon trades with other members on the Internet as I have done for years because of the horrible remarks that were made at this site. This board owner had the power not to allow this to happen at her group, but did nothing to stop it. I received a email from someone that read something along the lines of, "you mid as well fall off the face of the trading world, because no one wants you here". I do not know how safe I feel in the sense that these posts at her site make me out to be a scammer, but would feel horribly ridiculous reporing this to any police department, as they would probably not understand the extent of what this did to my reputation.

Were there possibly any cyber laws broken here? I have read up on them somewhat, but know it will be hard to find help for my situation.

I once was able to enjoy the Internet and trading and now can not possibly do so, NOT to mention the embarrassment this has caused me. It goes beyond gossip, because I can not get on line and trade coupons anymore.

Although I was banned before these comments were made I did have someone forward me the remarks that were made.

Can a board owner truely NOT be held liable for such actions as this? She never considered the person that wrote these things were lieing.

I can not let this go, because this was a national board with people who trade coupons as I do, and now my chance of enjoying this hobby are pretty much gone. The posts will stop, but my name is also posted on her national website permantly as a bad trader, so in return, that damages my reputation.

You have to pay to access the website, so I didn't know what good it would have done to write the website here.

I did contact the cybercrimes unit in the state where the business is located, but got a response that they will have to get back to me.

Any advice readers?

I would really like to know who I can contact about this. I know what happened is not right, as my name and reputation have been severly slandered, but I do not know who to turn to for help..This web site has my name listed as a "bad trader", . As a result of this, I can not continue doing what I once did before, which was trade coupons with other people in the united states.

First, I can't imagine a police department even taking this as a report.

Second, as this was a private board or cite, the rules and regulations are governed by whatever terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up for the board.

Third, HOW have you been damaged? By saying mean things about you on an internet bulletin board that is likely not read by too many people, how has this effected you financially? Have you lost business? Gotten divorced? What? The fact that you are no longer allowed to trade coupons is not going to be seen as a loss in this case. A private site can discriminate against people for pretty much any reason they want.

Private sites and boards are not subject to many government intrusions so long as they are not doing something unlawful. If you can cite some damage, and a party who has caused that damage, consult an attorney and see if there are any damages. Unless the damages are extensive, don't expect an attorney to do anything without payment up front ... even then, I wouldn't expect much.

- Carl

nope - not wrong

I have a concern with a business that publishes a refunding magazine and message board, that are moderated by the owner. She also runs a yahoo groups board for trading coupons.

I make many coupon trades there. Just last month alone I had over 50, which really helps my family with saving money on our groceries, etc.

I made a trade with a member of the group the yahoo group, this member claimed she did not get my trade. Without even asking my side of the story the owner of the refunding board, banned me from the free yahoo groups.com and her site, which you have to pay for to be a member .The person who claimed they did not get my end of a coupons trade, in return went to to the national chat board and posted she did not receive my end and in that post included my name, address and personal information about my life which I find very violating. Many comments were posted about my family. This person also threatened she is going to turn me into the post office for mail fraud. I know I sent her my end, but since I did NOT send it priority, I am having a hard time proving my innocence.

The board owner moderates all board posts and allowed posts to continue on me which I found insulting and untrue. After being banned from her website which I paid access for, over one person's complaint. I asked her for a refund on the money I paid for the subscription and have not received anything.
My name and reputation were severely slandered. Now I am unable to make online coupon trades with other members on the Internet as I have done for years because of the horrible remarks that were made at this site. This board owner had the power not to allow this to happen at her group, but did nothing to stop it. I received a email from someone that read something along the lines of, "you mid as well fall off the face of the trading world, because no one wants you here". I do not know how safe I feel in the sense that these posts at her site make me out to be a scammer, but would feel horribly ridiculous reporing this to any police department, as they would probably not understand the extent of what this did to my reputation.

Were there possibly any cyber laws broken here? I have read up on them somewhat, but know it will be hard to find help for my situation.

I once was able to enjoy the Internet and trading and now can not possibly do so, NOT to mention the embarrassment this has caused me. It goes beyond gossip, because I can not get on line and trade coupons anymore.

Although I was banned before these comments were made I did have someone forward me the remarks that were made.

Can a board owner truely NOT be held liable for such actions as this? She never considered the person that wrote these things were lieing.

I can not let this go, because this was a national board with people who trade coupons as I do, and now my chance of enjoying this hobby are pretty much gone. The posts will stop, but my name is also posted on her national website permantly as a bad trader, so in return, that damages my reputation.

You have to pay to access the website, so I didn't know what good it would have done to write the website here.

I did contact the cybercrimes unit in the state where the business is located, but got a response that they will have to get back to me.

I am an owner and moderator of several yahoogroups and nope, I have control over who stays and who goes, flat out simple. What I dont understand is that I have NEVER heard of a membership fee to join any yahoogroups. I sure wouldnt do it for any subject discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back