They want my money, but I'm Abroad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWalker

Hello this is my first post here, let me try to explain my situation, some years ago I was in the US studying, once there I got a Credit Card offer from American Express, but they based that offer on my ITIN number since I have no Social Security number.. I'd been using the card from abroad and making payments but my economy got worse and for 4 months i was not able to make payments, my debt was 10.000. On the same day i finally was able to make a payment ($1400) was the same day they sent my account to a collection agency Called "Nationwide Credit" They called my phone and left messages, today I called them and spoke with a girl.. she asked me how i could pay.. i said i could make monthly payments of $1400 , she said hold on and then came back and told me they did not take my offer, then another lady came to the phone and told me that the first person I spoke with didn't knew how to handle this, that they where NOT a credit company and that I had to pay them 30% upfront within 2 days and then the rest in 9 days.. I told them i would call later.. she told me.. if you don't call back in 30 minutes we will sue you, now.. here is the thing.. I'm 7.000 miles away, I don't live there, I don't have a social security number... all i do is travel to the US on vacation once a year.. what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back