They are apparently lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

litm80

Well, I finally got the info on the scumbags I'm dealing with. They are apparently real lawyers, and they have stepped over the lines of what I would call acceptable behavior.

Mind you I did not get any of this from these people, I had to call them to get a company name and address. I did however, look into the BBB databases nd it does have them listed as a Law Office.

First off, I have mailed a cease and desist notice this morning, in which I made it clear as to what laws they have violated, how little I have appreciated their less than professional behaviors, and that I would henceforth contact the state bar Board of Overseers (which I may do anyway) as well as an attoney if they did not stop.

Also, I made it clear I had no intentions to take legal actions unprovoked at this time, but I also let it known that I would not hesitate to file a counter suit for damages if they do decide to come after me.

Also, in a latest development, my phone has begun to ring 4 or 5 times, stop, start again, stop, and ussually start one more time. Whomever this is, and I only wonder, never leaves a message despite the fact that I have voice mail, and has done this the last 2 days in a row.

Is there any advice anyone can give me as to what to do, or what to expect?

Want to get their attention? If you have sent the appropriate notices to them in writing (certified method of delivery) as stated, the best place to go is to file a grievance with the state bar that they are in. Believe me, you will get their attention very quickly. Their actions are reprehensible and there is no excuse for what has been done. But, as always, make sure you are not overreacting and that you have good records to justify your own position. This is not only for your own protection but also to justify taking such a course of action which may be likely to affect someone's livelihood. However, what the legal profession does not need is unethical attorneys who give the profession a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back