Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Theft

TonyJP

Jurisdiction
Kansas
I'm a 100% disabled veteran I have a mental condition I don't have a criminal records I don't get in trouble I was off of my meds and shoplifted the true I'm not saying what I done was right I have problem processing my thoughts I don't know where to turn to are ask for help the PX gave me 60 days to pay 200.00 and I still have Togo to federal court are is that it the letter says they are satisfied with the 200 dollars do I pay it and move on

You might wish to speak with a VA mental health professional.
If you're retired military, seek mental health counseling through your Tricare benefit.

You can also seek legal help through various disabled vet service organizations.

Good luck.

Oops, if the $200 clears this up, I'd pay the $200 and vow to myself NEVER to steal anything from anyone for rest of my natural life!!!!!

I still have Togo to federal court are is that it the letter says they are satisfied with the 200 dollars do I pay it and move on

Take the letter and all the other information you have about this incident and talk to a criminal defense attorney The attorney can advise you whether the payment of the $200 will resolve the problem without a criminal record or whether you still face a possible conviction on shoplifting charges. You need to know what the situation is in order to make a decision on what to do.

And don't forget to take your meds in the future. Your mental health is important so don't neglect it.

You should accept your mistake. Pay it and take your meds from now on. Who knows what the next mistake you could make. As a military man we are to man up and accept our mistakes. Good luck brother.

I'm a 100% disabled veteran I have a mental condition I don't have a criminal records I don't get in trouble I was off of my meds and shoplifted the true I'm not saying what I done was right I have problem processing my thoughts I don't know where to turn to are ask for help the PX gave me 60 days to pay 200.00 and I still have Togo to federal court are is that it the letter says they are satisfied with the 200 dollars do I pay it and move on

Get a lawyer. Or at least find one who does free consultations. Also stop breaking the law.

Back