Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft

A

Amanda Moses

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Hello, I've been stealing from my job for a very long time and today they pulled me in the office to fire me and called the cops on me. A detective questioned me and then released me. Why did they release me? Am I going to prison? They said it could easily add up to 30,000.00 dollars.

Why did they release me? Am I going to prison? They said it could easily add up to 30,000.00 dollars.

It is time for you to lawyer up.
So, from this point forward, say nothing, do nothing, INVOKE.
Tomorrow hire a lawyer, if you have no funds, simply wait.
If the police appear again, cooperate with them, and say, "Sorry, I invoke. I want a lawyer, and choose to remain silent, as is my right."

Then, no matter what is threatened or promised, remain silent.
Its okay to give your name, date of birth, address, etc., but don't discuss any aspect of the case.

If arrested, cooperate, but remain silent, and request a lawyer when you see the judge, eventually.

Get your affairs in order, as you may be held in jail for days or weeks, until you can arrange bail.

Nothing you can do now, but prepare for the tornado that will soon appear!!!

It is time for you to lawyer up.
So, from this point forward, say nothing, do nothing, INVOKE.
Tomorrow hire a lawyer, if you have no funds, simply wait.
If the police appear again, cooperate with them, and say, "Sorry, I invoke. I want a lawyer, and choose to remain silent, as is my right."

Then, no matter what is threatened or promised, remain silent.
Its okay to give your name, date of birth, address, etc., but don't discuss any aspect of the case.

If arrested, cooperate, but remain silent, and request a lawyer when you see the judge, eventually.

Get your affairs in order, as you may be held in jail for days or weeks, until you can arrange bail.

Nothing you can do now, but prepare for the tornado that will soon appear!!!

Oh no! So am I going to prison?

If you stole $30,000 worth, even over a period of time then, yes, you could very well go to prison.

Call the public defender's office and see what it takes to qualify.

Meantime keep your mouth shut.

I don't have the money for a lawyer. But would it even help. They have me on video, at least that's what they say.
If you don't have the money you can request a public defender.

I'm not sure why you're so surprised you could go to prison...smh. Do what was suggested and don't talk to the cops anymore.

It looks like the user name (first & last names) that you used in your FIRST post "might be" your actual name. If so, it probably would have been best that you had not used your actual name.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Your make several mistakes here. 1. Is using what might be your real name. 2. Is stating how much you stole they may not know. $30000.00 is a felony and prison is an option. You need to not say anymore and talk to a Lawyer

You seem shocked that you might go to prison. What did you think would happen when you got caught? If you don't have the money for a lawyer, then you obviously don't have the money to pay them back. Not that paying back would necessarily keep you out of prison either.

Back