Theft from Bank Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndhlpinsouth

I am in Florida but lived in NC when this happened.

I was married in 12/2000 moved to NC in 6/2001,my mother passed in 11/2003 received inheritance in 3/2004 I opened up a Money Market account with my inheritance w/o a joint owner, no signature card! The bank even agrees about that. Found out that the x cleaned me out and was transfering money to his mistress's account and a private account he had, I received the whole account file from the bank and most was done while he was over seas, I have no passport and never been to Italy (the only person that could of helped was his best friends wife's mother who worked in bank) I am sure that he convinced her to add him to the account. Mean while he had move his mistress to Elizabeth City, NC (found this out after he left some paper work behind) He had 3 children with her during our marriage, now they are married and there is a court order that he gives me 2000.00 and I take him to Civil Court for my inheritance this was a final judgement 5/2006. I am now ready to take him back to court since I have been able to get on my feet since he only gave me 25.00 and I have 3 children(not his) Does this even seem possible. Honesty is what I am looking for. Thank you

You're best bet would be to start at the Bank where you had the account.
They should be able to give you any and all information as to what happened.
i.e. Someone added to your account. I would hold them accountable to start with.

I have sent them a letter, thier response is that they have NO SIGNATURE card on file for him for the account,so I thougt that they would be responsible for the money but they say they are not and I need to go after him, I cant seem to find an atty that will g after him nor the bank..any more advice I will greatly put to use.

Time may be your enemy here. These transactions occurred quite some time ago.
If you already have a judgment for $2000 then you can go through the motions to collect on that. Garnish his wages or put a lien on his property (you can also garnish his new spouse's wages).
This should have been acted on a lot sooner.

I have sent them a letter, thier response is that they have NO SIGNATURE card on file for him for the account,so I thougt that they would be responsible for the money but they say they are not and I need to go after him, I cant seem to find an atty that will g after him nor the bank..any more advice I will greatly put to use.

How can someone who is not listed on the account, take money out?
Even if he was your spouse? This makes no sense. Signature card or not.
Did he simply need the account number, and have someone pose as you?

Have you called the Bank? Talk to a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back