Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft by receiving

justice noble

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I had bought silver threw craigslist and I had taken it too a appraisal store the next day. They had told me that it was stolen "it didn't have serial numbers" and I explained that I just purchased them the day before and they knew the owner of the goods so the owner of the goods came down and I returned them too him . We called the police and the officer said that I was a victim of theft by deception and he would make sure he fills the report out for restitution. Well after a couple of days a detective called me telling me he was going to charge me with theft by receiving if I did not do a line up well because of work he came down too me and I did it. A couple more days go by and i got another call from him and he needed a statement from me but I couldn't again because of work so he calls and harasses me for a couple of days and I eventually hired a lawyer too tell him too not bother me anymore well about a month later I got into a car accident and they arrested me because he put out a warrent. I had no idea the items were stolen or should have know they were stolen and I returned them too the owner

Nothing you can do, but address the charges in your upcoming criminal case.
In the interim, you simply make like a clam, and STFU.

Here, look at a video my friend recorded to help epode in your unfortunate position:

Back