The title of the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTKH

I have a scenario a person that I knew who I thought was a friend her son have a 2006 Lexus ended up trying to convince my dad at 70 with leukemia cancer all sort of health issue like diabetes, constantly in for bone marrow and in no way shape or form to be buying or signing for car,"every time we went in for the bone marrow, the doctor have a form for him to fill out stated no driving and can't be signing any legal document". The kid ended up convincing my dad to give him 10k at first he told my dad that the title were in a safety box and later told him he couldn't find the title, so they later went to the UPS store and get it notarized that my dad gave him the 10k free and will and he own the car out right and the lost title will be in my dad name in 10 days or 2 weeks. A month went by, my dad went to the bank of america where he used to be an assistance manager there, they said he were fired for fraud. We ended up coming to his mom house and she didn't know where he went. It's been over a year and the car is still in the garage, we can't drive it cause there's no paper work to get tab and insurance. The mom finally approach us 2 days ago and told my dad while he sold my dad the car, he also took the title and took someone else moneys as well. That person have the title and we have the car. At this point i'm not even sure does he even owe the bank or not " he stated in the notarized that he own it free and clear, but god only know". She wanted my dad to give the car back to her and she promises to pay us back in 3 years. I'm so scared when a person saying stuff like they are good for it, they usually ain't. Her son is in a world of trouble he did that to a few people, I really don't want to give the car back to her cause she and her son might shaft someone else, by doing the same thing to other people as well. Can I go after this guy for fraud, how could anyone sold someone else the car and sell the title to someone else. We have never had anything like that happen to us before, usually cash and title change hand but since this kid knew my dad were sick and took advantage of him. My dad is embarrass about this whole situation and don't want the community to know the situation, he just told me to chalk it up as a lesson. I really want to go after this guy for fraud knowing there are people out there getting ripped off by him as well.

First of all, YOU have no standing to bring a lawsuit against the SCAMMER.
That said, if there is a legal remedy available, it belongs to your father.
I suggest you report the matter to the police.
They MIGHT want to confiscate the car.
They can at least tell you if the car is reported stolen.
Letting the police know about this, will at least keep your dad out of any issues with the legal owner, especially if the police confiscate the car.

My take on this is that the SCAMMER is probably going to prison for his many crimes.

Suing the SCAMMER would be a waste of time, as any money he may have once had has been snorted, injected, or smoked over the last year.

As an experienced bank manager, your dad should have known better.

He can, however, use his medical problems to be seem more sympathetically by others.
I hope his medical problems have gotten (or will soon get) better.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. So you don't think is a good idea to give her the car back and she can try to pay my dad back in 3 years, some how I don't think this people is good for it. I rather let the police find this guy, instead of giving the car back to the mom they might stiff somebody else down the road.

I'd have the police tow the car, if they choose to do so.
I'd certainly not give the car to the scammer's people.
I wouldn't even speak to them.

2cents in 2 parts!

TTKH...

The subject matter of your post hits quite close to home with me personally and since you are concerned enough about your father to have taken the time to lay out the plot extensively, I shall lay out for you my response also in details in two parts (or postings) owing to time restrictions, among other things.

Well, first of all, I wish your father a full and happy recovery from Leukemia (cancer) and whatever you do, DO NOT let this episode with the car become the bane of his existence as he does not need any, and I mean, any stress whatsoever. He should be shielded from the daily scourges of life at all costs and instead be given every cause to think good thoughts and do wonderful things, because you only need to walk a tenth of a mile in his shoes to realize that life is THE only valuable commodity and how fast everything else in life pales into NOTHINGNESS by comparison.

So, please take his great advice and chalk it up to experience and end his involvement in the matter along with all the other feelings of social impotence and angst which he is feeling. But that is not to say you should forget about going after this Son of a Bordello Madam; au contraire (I think it is Fancy French word), I would go after him with all guns blazing.

And before anybody says "well, it's easier said than done, fredrikklaw," let me qualify my response; when I suggest that you should walk in your dad's shoes for only a few feet to realize the insignificance of $10,000, it is because I AM A CANCER PATIENT myself. I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in December of 2013; had partial colon resection in January and I am currently going through a nasty course of chemotherapy. So, believe me when I say that nothing is worth a damnation to him except getting his health back. PERIOD!

Also, when I suggest that you should go after this heathen, it is not just a case of hot air talking and a Monday morning quarterbacking as I always practice what I preach, always. That said, before I was diagnosed with cancer, I had just discovered that my ex who had left me in 2002 after 8 years of living together, had spent those 8 years defrauding me out of life and limb with the aid of her husband (yes, she was married) who directed the cons on the side. Yes, I did chalk it up to experience and to the outside world I let it be known that hey, what I am I gonna do? Foggettaboutit! I got this cancer to cure and got no time to go looking for trouble.

Fast forward to Monday of last week; I filed a 27-page complaint against my ex, her husband, he parents and 50 DOES to account for all the as yet unknowns that had anything to do with the scam; 5 causes of action for Fraud, Conspiracy, Aidingb and Abetting, Concealment, and Unjust Enrichment and a prayer for relief to make them chalk on their ill-gotten gains and I rounded it up with an ex-parte request for an emergency ex-parte Motion for Mandatory Injunctive Relief to prevent any sudden and funny bouts of asset dispersions and desires for paper-shredding parties.

I have to take a rest stop here and shall post the second part containing my suggestions and methods on suing this two-bit heathen tomorrow. But in the mean time, don't even think about giving the car or anything else back to anyone because the car is your dad's and you will see why.

fredrikklaw

Last edited:
2cents in 2 parts!

TTKH...

The subject matter of your post hits quite close to home with me personally and since you are concerned enough about your father to have taken the time to lay out the plot extensively, I shall lay out for you my response also in details in two parts (or postings) owing to time restrictions, among other things.

Well, first of all, I wish your father a full and happy recovery from Leukemia (cancer) and whatever you do, DO NOT let this episode with the car become the bane of his existence as he does not need any, and I mean, any stress whatsoever. He should be shielded from the daily scourges of life at all costs and instead be given every cause to think good thoughts and do wonderful things, because you only need to walk a tenth of a mile in his shoes to realize that life is THE only valuable commodity and how fast everything else in life pales in comparison.

So, please take his great advice and chalk it up to experience and end his involvement in the matter along with all the other feelings of social impotence and angst which he is feeling. But that is not to say you should forget about going after this Son of a Bordello Madam; au contraire (I think it is Fancy French word), I would go after him with all guns blazing.
q
And before anybody says "well, it's easier said than done, fredrikklaw," let me qualify my response; when I suggest that you should walk in your dad's shoes for only a few feet to realize the insignificance of $10,000, it is because I AM A CANCER PATIENT myself. I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in December of 2013; had partial colon resection in January and I am currently going through a nasty course of chemotherapy. So, believe me when I say that nothing is worth anything more or about than getting his health back. PERIOD!

Also, when I suggest that you should go after this heathen, it is not just a case of hot air talking and a Monday morning quarterbacking as I always practice what I preach, always. That said, before I was diagnosed with cancer, I had just discovered that my ex who had left me in 2002 after 8 years of living together, had spent those 8 years defrauding me out of life and limb with the aid of her husband (yes, she was married) who directed the cons on the side. Yes, I did chalk it up to experience and to the outside world I let it be known that hey, what I am I gonna do? Foggettaboutit! I got this cancer to cure and got no time to go looking for trouble.

Fast forward to Monday of last week; I filed a 27-page complaint against my ex, her husband, he parents and 50 DOES to account for all the as yet unknowns that had anything to do with the scam; 5 causes of action for Fraud, Conspiracy, Aidingb and Abetting, Concealment, and Unjust Enrichment and a prayer for relief to make them chalk on their ill-gotten gains and I rounded it up with an ex-parte request for an emergency ex-parte Motion for Mandatory Injunctive Relief to prevent any sudden and funny bouts of asset dispersions and desires for paper-shredding parties.

I have to take a rest stop here and shall post the second part containing my suggestions and methods on suing this two-bit heathen tomorrow. But in the mean time, don't even think about giving the car or anything else back to anyone because the car is your dad's and you will see why.

fredrikklaw

FL, I was diagnosed in '02 with colon cancer, stage 4. I endured a resection, and not offered chemo or radiation. It was thought the resection was the best approach. I concurred.

Fast forward, it's now '14. I'm still hanging on, after a rough '02, '03, and '04.

One never knows, but something's working.

Enough about me, FL. I wish you continued progress, better health, and improved finances.

I won't wish you luck with your lawsuit. I can see you're all over that. Fare thee well, FL.

Fredrikklaw

I do appreciate your advice as well. My dad thinking are sort of like your, his treatment and medicine are bigger problem than the 10k, but as a son I'm just trying to firgure how to get this the title solve, since the car and bill of sale is in his possession, but unable to get tab and paying tax on the car, I read some where that you have like 45 days to change it to your name or there will be other fine. The lady his mother came over again and try to convince us to give her the car back, the way she phrase it like she's doing us a favor by taking the car back and attempt to make payment on it. She told us that technically she don't have to get involvement, since is our fault for not getting the title at the same time in the first place. My dad told her that while her kid and her were present at the time of the notarized that she were there also and my dad gave her the money's not him. So now she told us the reason why she get involved was that her kid got mixed up with some drug deal that's why he have to give the title to someone else and the car to us, so he have to come up with lots of money's or there will be a hit on him. But the things I don't get it if she want the car back how would she be able to sale it or even register it since she don't have the title something nothing adding up here. My dad was like put it this way kind a like you put a down payment on a lease of a car, I have no problem leasing the car for 3 years and walk away, but I'm having problem with young men that work at the bank and cons the elders and sickness. I don't want to park the car in the garage and or in the backyard forever. Get it resolved it's been a year already, from the bottom of my heart I do appreciated everyone advice and suggestion.

Fredrikklaw

I do appreciate your advice as well. My dad thinking are sort of like your, his treatment and medicine are bigger problem than the 10k, but as a son I'm just trying to firgure how to get this the title solve, since the car and bill of sale is in his possession, but unable to get tab and paying tax on the car, I read some where that you have like 45 days to change it to your name or there will be other fine. The lady his mother came over again and try to convince us to give her the car back, the way she phrase it like she's doing us a favor by taking the car back and attempt to make payment on it. She told us that technically she don't have to get involved, since is our fault for not getting the title at the same time in the first place. My dad told her that while her kid and her were present at the time of the notarized that she were there also and my dad gave her the money's not him. So now she told us the reason why she get involved was that her kid got mixed up with some drug deal that's why he have to give the title to someone else and the car to us, so he have to come up with lump of money's or there will be a hit on him. But the things I don't get it if she want the car back how would she be able to sale it or even register it since she don't have the title something nothing adding up here. My dad was like put it this way kind a like you put a down payment on a lease of a car, I have no problem leasing the car for 3 years and walk away, but I'm having problem with young men that work at the bank and cons the elders and sickness. I don't want to park the car in the garage and or in the backyard forever. Get it resolved it's been a year already, from the bottom of my heart I do appreciated everyone advice and suggestion.

The car is probably stolen. Drugs, illegal drugs ate often involved in these kinds of cases. It may not be your fault, as your dad was duped. That's why I'd get the police involved.
There are sites on the Internet where you can check the car's VIN number. I wouldn't do it from my home, or use any of my electronic devices to check, if you are curious.

Thank you, Your Honor!

ARMY JUDGE . . .

Thank you very much for the kind words and for sharing your story here and many, many congratulations for pulling out it in the first place and then for having stayed cancer free for 12 years now and long, long may it continue without it rearing its ugly head again.

Today I had my 5th Chemo session and so far so good, but the night is young as they say. But I take it one day at a time and try to stay positive as there's not much else I can do.

Thank you again and I too wish you continued good health for years to come.

Respectfully
fredrikklaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back