Thank you and big props to our US Army's esteemed 780th Military Intelligence Brigade!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
Servers Of Colonial Pipeline Hacker Darkside Forced Down: Security Firm

These are the soldiers who took back that $5,000,000.

Big props and much respect to you, COL Lennox, you and your people rock!!!!

You folks are silent warriors, nonetheless your deeds speak volumes.

I know something about clandestine deeds.

The satisfaction of a job well done is why you folks toil away in secrecy.

Nevertheless, actions speak louder than words.

May God bless and keep you and your soldiers safe.

You prove everyday that blood doesn't have to be shed to right all wrongs!

Welcome to the 780th Military Intelligence Brigade

Welcome to the 780th Military Intelligence Brigade

That is cool. Now they need to find a location to target with an AGM-129 and set a precedent.

I'd love to see "real" retaliation, however this isn't the time for that.

Taking the money these criminals have purloined through illicit means strikes me as proper poetic justice.

In the latest saga, ALL of their ill gotten gains were snatched.

I love the cheekiness of such a move.

It hits 'em where it really hurts 'em.

If this happens again, these clever "take back" measures seem appropriate.

LOL, no mate, that is simply the unit's designation. :D

I know that, but the unit designation taken literally would mean that it is the 780th such unit. Thus, I was poking just a bit of fun at how they designate units. The government is good at coming up with odd stuff like this, including the military.

Can someone explain the origin of the term "props"? To me it's propeller and that's it.

If you weren't alive during the 1960s, when "props" first appeared on the streets, it might mystify you.

The famous "Urban Dictionary" will make it clearer for you "youngins":

props:
Slang term for "accolades", "proper respect", or "just dues".

Popularized in the 1980s by rappers who shortened the term "propers" which was in turn being used as an abbreviated version of "proper respect" at least by the 1960s.

The increase in this term's usage during the late 1980s and early 1990s coincided with an increasing fascination with the mafia within rap circles.

Both communities have traditionally placed great emphasis on the importance of earning and giving respect.

My four-year-old son is the king of Chutes and Ladders, but punk neighbor kids won't give him his props.

Urban Dictionary: props

Both communities have traditionally placed great emphasis on the importance of earning and giving respect.

Urban Dictionary: props

I was alive during the sixties but left them at the age of 7.

I know what the term means but couldn't really see where it came from. I dislike much of the slang I'm seeing over the past 20 years or so, but I guess that's the evolution of the language.

I'm not into rap (at all), but much of it that I do hear blaring from car stereos hardly indicates respect for anyone, certainly not women.

I was alive during the sixties but left them at the age of 7.

I know what the term means but couldn't really see where it came from. I dislike much of the slang I'm seeing over the past 20 years or so, but I guess that's the evolution of the language.

I'm not into rap (at all), but much of it that I do hear blaring from car stereos hardly indicates respect for anyone, certainly not women.

I concur and agree with your conclusions.

I despise all loud music, especially music that oozes profanities.

My wife heard several foul words yesterday, as a kid passed us in a grocery store parking lot, boom box blaring.

I looked at her and said, "Someone's come to visit us from the 1970s".

It made her laugh, for the moment forgetting the profanity that oozed from his boombox.

Back