Texas Adultry and Stolen Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGFORTHOOD

My situation is I am accused of sleeping with a married woman. Her husband hacked into her account and without her consent explored her emails. Hefound emails that are sexual in nature and Speak of abortion. Are these emails legally submissible in military and civilian courts/investigations? If not where can I find the codes or laws?

Adultery can be charged as a crime under the UCMJ. If your paramour is a military member, too, or the spouse of a military member, it usually is charged as a crime under UCMJ.

Adultery in the military is prosecuted under Article 134, which is also known as the "General Article." Article 134 prohibits conduct which is of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, or conduct which is prejudicial to good order and discipline of the military and its mission.

CITE:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm1342.htm

It isn't a crime under Texas law (adultery).

You might want to speak to JAG, or a civilian lawyer.

You have the right to remain silent. Be smart and use it.
If she's pregnant, DNA will prove who's the baby daddy.
Adultery sends people to the stockade. It ruins military careers. It gets people busted to E1.

It's taken more seriously if the paramour or the paramour's spouse is in your unit.

Last point, don't deny or lie. That's a crime. Do invoke your Miranda Rights and remain silent and request a defense attorney. God luck, and don't ever do the in the military again, if you get away unharmed.

The emails, let's say they can be recovered by CID. If they recover them, you betcha they'll be used to persecute the accused.

Again, you can remain silent, but don't even try to lie or deny, unless you're INNOCENT. Even the INNOCENT are better off by clamming and lawyering up.

By the way, I know Ft. Hood, retired there some many moons ago.
I currently maintain a home near Killeen.
If you're looking for a good civilian lawyer, let me know. I'm retired, but know of three great retired JAGs still practicing in the area.

You're better off financially using a JAG defense counsel. Those people are good, very good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back