Termination of rights

S

shawzfun

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I am wanting to give up my rights on my daughter so that the only father she knows, can adopt her. He has been around since she was born. I do have child support I pay and arrears. Will I still have to pay that? Do I need to get an attorney to get this process started? How does it work?

I am wanting to give up my rights on my daughter so that the only father she knows, can adopt her. He has been around since she was born. I do have child support I pay and arrears. Will I still have to pay that? Do I need to get an attorney to get this process started? How does it work?

The state rarely allows suckers, err fathers, to relinquish their parental rights.

Why?

Because, someone must be made to pay some amount of child support.

Now, if the stand in daddy wants to adopt the child, that might allow you to wiggle off the hook.

As I said, might, if the state doesn't stand in your way.

Generally, if a sucker, err adoptive daddy, comes along; an adoption is granted, you might get what you seek.

Try to sell, the sucker, err eager dude seeking to adopt the child, and the mother on adoption; you might get lucky.

If you manage that, the adopter will pay for a lawyer, getting you off the hook for additional expenses!!!!

Back