Terminated after HR complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

diawolo

This is a bit long however, ity is all relevant and I tried to stick to facts.

I am in Florida and was recently terminated because "My Management style didn't fit" after 10 months of employment. They offered me 3 months of ins and 1 month pay.

The company was going through many changes so I reported to 4 different people during that time. The last two were terrible.

I went to HR on the first of the two to advise them that I felt I was being treated differently than the rest and that was not given the time and attntion as the rest to get thier job done. I stated to HR that I felt a bit discriminated because the rest of the team that reported to her were women and so was she.

Then I was "moved" to report to another person, a new hire, this person was rude, unhelpful and vulger. I again felt uncomfoirtable for different reasons. She made comments like "I don't want to get caught with my shorts around my ankles" and "we don't want to get caught with out d... in the door". I went to HR again to advise them of this unacceptable behavior. In addition I started to make comments about it with others.

On boith occasions HR told me I should work it out with the person and with the first I spoke to and I thought we had an understanding, with the second person I never got a chance becasue for one week I tried to approach her to speak and was always shut down she stated she didn't have time or had a meeting etc. etc. Then I got fired.

After getting fired I forgot to return a memory stick with my work done for this company. I was called and I immeadiatly told them I wopuld send it via mail, they stated they would s end a courier and stated I may have copied it (implying now that I was a thief). In any case we agreed that they would call me the next MORNING to tell me what time to expect the courier. I did not recieve a call in the morning so I went to the movies and when I got out I had messages from them. I was calling them back when I got a call from thier lawyer stating they would sue me for stealing property.

I explained to the lawyer what happened and he said "I don't understand these people sometimes" and advised me to take it to them

I did and they had me sign a paper stating I did not copy the info on the stick. Which I did not I have no use for it. I can reproduce my own work at any time.

I have now called them since yesterday to find out about what was promised to me and I have yet to recieve a call back.

What does this sound like and is there any recourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back