Tenants garage must be turned over Please need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatrix84

8/2/02 i lived an apartment complex 1 bedroom and 1 parking space on 11/1/05 she had inquired of us if we wanted to be managers for her buildings i said that fine but we had to move to another building with a 1 bedroom and 2 car garage. so we can managefrom that building.
11/9/03 I was hired to manage a few six apartment buildings. After 6 months i was required to do maintence for her building and she did not want to pay extra money nor any benefits. On 3/11/05 i went up to her and said it was not fair that she was requiring me to do maintaince and managing 50 units in 6 diffrent buildings and she said that if i don't like it to just leave. so she terminated me a few dates after she already had another manager which quit a month after.
On 3/18/05 One of her employee sent me a letter saying that immediatly i was terminated. and that our written agreement said that i had 5 days to get vacate my unit or i can choose to stay there and pay $750.00 in rent. so i did. i paid rent on the first.
my written job aggrement said i got a garage plus my unit and i was charged for living in my unit i just never saw that money and she just sent the leftover money in a check to me.
June 16,2005 i recieve a letter on my door saying

*****"You moved in as the manager to 4191 Leimert. You were not issued a garage. Upon a tenant vacating a garage was made available for the use of the management of the properties to store various items such as for rent signs, snake, building supplies,etc. It has come to out attention that you did not relinquish this garage upon the termination of your management employment. PLease be aware that at this time this garage must be turned over to the curret property manager, emmanuel williams." *****(written word for word)

then the contact information

My question is can she legally take my garage away if had paid her rent for my unit and of course my garage for 4191. the letter saysi have until june 30th to complete this tranaction.

The issue here is if you in fact have paid rent for the garage. The way you write it they offered you to stay in the unit and pay rent for it. If no garage was mentioned and they don't come normally with the units, you have no contract to rent the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back