Tenant won't leave -signed no lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudamis

I am new. Just joined today. I hope this is how you post a request for advice. If not someone, please help.

I have a landlord tenant dilema.:eek:

I am in a situation with a young lady we allowed to stay in the transitional building. I took her in trying to help her and her daughter in on an emergency type basis. Therefore, the paperwork was done after she moved in. She moved in with nothing, we helped her with furniture, we turned on the lights in the Church name, provided food and transportation. However, she did not want to sign the rental portion of the agreement, she did not like the wording "submissive, obedient, faithful, humble and consistent to the rules and expectations of the home. Since she declined I gave her a week to find somewhere to go. However, she felt she was not leaving and demanded to have thrity days. I therefore, had to contact the police to have her removed, because she wasn't leaving. Since she did sign the rules and guidelines the officier told me we had an agreement. He said I would have to go through the eviction process.
During the eviction process, since I gave her so much lead way, and no written warning of her breaking the rules, the judge dismissed my case, and told me I had to take it to district court. I am due to go in a few days.
I don't know what to do but tell the truth, but I did that in the first court. She lied about following rules and said she would be out by now, but is still there. I need some advice. My kindness has come back to bite me.

Last edited:
Evict under the landlord tenant laws as the judge told you to do.

Tenant won't leave - signed no lease

Do you think I need a lawyer to go with me?

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you think I will have a good chance of getting our property back. We are not seeking any money.

When in court, state to the magistrate what you just said on the posting. You don't want any money - just your property back. Good Luck!

Thanks, I wanted to put a last written notice in her hand because she has broken another rule, and a sign on her door with her name and apartment number, that says ]VACATE PROPERTY IMMEDIATEDLY. No lease signed, and you have violated rules and expectations of transitional house. I go to court this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back