Tenant Vs Tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

rianna1980

I Have A Roommate And We're Both On The Lease (the Lease Is Now Month To Month). She Has Not Been Paying Rent, But Will Not Vacate The Apartment Because She Knows That Short Of Taking Her To Court, There Is Nothing I Can Do. She Also Knows That I Care Deeply About My Credit, So She Knows I Will Pay The Rent Even If She Doesn't. She Has Not Been Coming Around Other Than When I'm Not Here And I Have No Way To Find Her. She Has Now Threatened My Life Twice And I've Made Police Reports, But There Really Isn't Anything Else I Can Do. I've Also Tried To File A Stay Away Order, But They Won't Order Her Away From Her Own Home, Not To Mention They Have To Find Her To Serve A Stay Away Order. She Has Also Been Engaging In Illegal Activity As A Prostitute Which I Recently Confirmed, But Already Suspected Prior To My Finding Her All Over Multiple Websites. This Is Part Of What Started The Whole Conflict Between Us Because I Didn't Like Her Bringing So Many People Into Our Home (and Not To Mention, They're Not The Best Of Character). According To My Landlord, If I Leave, Even After Giving 30 Days Notice, Turning In My Key, And Notifying Them That I've Vacated, I'm Still Liable For Anything That Happens To The Place As Long As She Stays There. Is There Anything I Can Do To Get Myself Out Of This Situation Without Being Liable For The Property After I Vacate? Or Is There Any Way I Can Get Her Out Legally And Change The Locks? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back