Tenant caused damage to my condo

Nessa25

My tenant removed the carpet, broke the fridge and stove among other things her deposit was only $1200 which doesn't even cover the carrier, I got a quote for $1800..

I have to send her the deposit letter explaining why she's not receiving the deposit..can I also send her a bill? For instance just let her know how much each item will cost to fix? And give her a time to pay it

Time to sell the condo, Nessa, and quit being a landlord. You're not very good at it.

Please help tenant won't let me show my apartment · TheLaw.com

Here's the Florida security deposit law:

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine (state.fl.us)

Make sure you do it right.

Yes, you can send her an itemized list of repair costs.

Yes, you can give her a deadline to pay it, after which you may file suit for the money.

By the way, for any items that have to be replaced, rather than just repaired, you are only entitled to the depreciated value of the items.

You don't get new for old.

Make sure you show depreciation in your calculations lest you end up being sued for overcharging.

Thank you for your help..for the stove and fridge I will replace it with used and I did out in the letter the cost of those two items

She only had $1200 deposit as she moved in 5 years ago..when the rent was cheaper than it is now...I'm not going to stop renting my place in replacing the carpet and already have a tenant interested, I'm just going to charge a higher deposit this time..and the rent is way higher now so for me it's not worth selling...

You've given us no reason to believe you lack that ability. Is that really all you intended to ask?

Obviously, you should advise your former tenant of the damage. If he/she/they don't pay, then you visit small claims court in your unidentified state.

Why must you know it all attack anyone that comes in here to ask a question? Are you guys that miserable? Wasn't this forum created for us to ask questions? Why do you guys have to answer a question and then add an insult i to the answer it's ridiculous..

Why must you know it all attack anyone that comes in here to ask a question?
Who attacked you?
Are you guys that miserable?
Who's miserable?
Wasn't this forum created for us to ask questions?
Yep.
Why do you guys have to answer a question and then add an insult i to the answer it's ridiculous..
Who insulted you?

A frank and forthright response does not an insult make.

I tell everybody not to be a landlord. It's good advice, not an insult.

:D

Darn tootin', outstanding advice.

Even billionaire landlords fall on hard times, and they have Fortune 500 tenants.

Thank goodness WE wised up, my friend, before being a landlord broke us, too!!!

Back