Temporary postion

Status
Not open for further replies.

workerinstress

Hello

I was employed as a temp. I had a problem with some coworkers that did not like the fact that i was white . they made comments like weda ( white girl) they did not speak to me if i spoke to them they ignored me and did not include me. They would speak in there language laugh and point at me. they made me so uncomfortable i requested that if i could move my desk i spoke to my supervisor and the director and they stated they would not be able to move my desk. My supervisor also told me that she overheard them talking about me and to be careful of them. I felt so uncomfortable. I cried and my desk a few times. so my supervisor and i had a meeting she took back an offer of a full time position. so i started crying and i felt very sick and i had the worst stomach i requested to go home . then i called the agency to let them know i went home sick. I DID NOT QUIT i requested to go home sobbing and very upset over the whole thing of been discriminated . I also told my agency when the discrimination happened and i felt uncomfortable. they told me to ignore and they are trying to get to me. it was abuse and it was getting to me. please see email below for temp agency do you think that they are going to deny my benefits the agency said this is a sticky situation

She took you leaving for the day and saying you couldn't take it any more as your resignation effective today. Unfortunately, they will not need you back tomorrow. In regards to unemployment, I cannot advise you yet on whether you will or will not receive unemployment. You will have to apply and go through the process. We will definitely consider you for any other open positions in the future.

I'm not sure when you requested to go home that you got approval to do so - it seems like maybe you didn't. Anyway, all you can do is apply for UI. The state will make the decision whether you qualify - not your employer. The employer can contest payment though.

Go ahead & apply for UI & see what happens. If you are denied, you can appeal. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back