Corporate Law Teaming - What Documents Are Required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugginsd

I am a new small business owner, operating a newly formed LLC management consulting business; which specializes in organizational change management and business process improvement services. My business partner has referred me to team up with another small, but more established, business owner in order to identify and obtain new business opportunities, in order to establish new service contracts. The other business owner has arranged for us to meet a prospective client, where he has previously presented his business as having a new service offering. This being the case, I am concerned that: (1) the client may construe the proprietary methodology offered by my company as actually being offered by the other business, (2) the branding established by the quality of my company's service delivery will not be assigned to my company and therefore will not open a door for my company to pursue subsequent business with the prospective client, once the initial project is complete.

At first glance, I am wondering if a non-disclosure agreement is a sufficient vehicle to document this relationship – yes or no. If this is not the correct vehicle, what is?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back