1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Tax sale question

Discussion in 'Liens & Encumbrances' started by Empresive, May 21, 2018.

  1. Empresive

    Empresive Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I hope someone can help me with this issue. Years ago a property that a man had owned that died in 2011 wasn't able to pay his property taxes or mortgage payments and I've been paying the back taxes after winning it the right to in a tax sale and been paying the taxes on the property for over 2 years after winning the auction but then paying on it way before then. Now when it comes two doing a foreclosure after so much time has passed for the owner to pay back his taxes a mortgage lender has put the property up in a public auction as a trustee sale after years later and over the statue of limitation and trying to foreclose before I can illegally is there anything I can since I have the right to foreclose not the mortgage lender they didn't even pay the back taxes or keep the property up to par as I have been doing for years so the county wouldn't red tag it what are my options since I am the lien holder to the back taxes that they are now willing to pay me for after so much time has already passed also giving a notice to the trustee sale one month before the public auction when it was filed over 3 months ago but just now hearing about it that also cannot be right there's got to be something I can do please help
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If you wish to try and keep the property (if that's possible) you'll need to hire yourself a real estate lawyer.

    There's nothing a discussion board can do to help you.

    Looks like you'll need a lawyer to initiate a lawsuit before a court of law in your county.

    I suggest you retain counsel ASAP, if you want to try and save the property you believe you purchased.

Share This Page