Tax refund deposited in not my account without permission

Damian

My gVe my girlfriend at the time permission to file my taxes but not to deposit it in her account. She filed without telling me and deposited my return in her account without my permission. I have not seem a cent of that return since we broke up before my return was deposited

My gVe my girlfriend at the time permission to file my taxes but not to deposit it in her account. She filed without telling me and deposited my return in her account without my permission. I have not seem a cent of that return since we broke up before my return was deposited

You might want to contact the IRS and tell them how your refund was stolen from you!

If she's not a CPA, a tax attorney, or an enrolled agent; what she did was illegal.
I'd report her ASAP, and hope the IRS squeezes her like a lemon.

IRS says:

You can call us at 800-829-1954 (toll-free) and either use the automated system or speak with an agent.
If you filed a married filing jointly return, you cannot initiate a trace using the automated systems. The IRS will issue you a Form 3911 (.pdf), Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund, to get the replacement process started or you can download the form.

IRS:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Indi...y-have-been-stolen-and-how-to-report-it-to-us

Yikes - I would definitely contact the IRS as soon as possible.

Back