Tax Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskor25

I'm in desperate need of a tax attorney in Vermont. I have virtually no money to pay an attorney and was hoping someone can advise of someone who would help me for little money.
I have had a few very difficult years, 4 years ago my daughter was born with "Special Needs", she had open heart surgery when she was 2 & 1/2 months old and a number of others after that. In dealing with all my family issues I didn't file a tax return for 2004 & 2005. I didn't not do this with the idea of screwing uncle Sam, I'm smart enough to know they will always find you!
I've just had so many family issues I don't know whether I'm coming or going most of the time!
I am in the process of doing those returns now, however I know I'm going to owe quite a bit in taxes since both those years I worked I received a 1099, in which one year I actually made a lot of money, around $70K.
I currently work two jobs, am separated from my kids' mother and pay around $800 a month child support. On top of all this our home is in foreclosure, but we are trying to sell it before the bank gets in August.
I live from paycheck to paycheck right now, any little money I have left over I pay for my rent.
I am scared to death the IRS is going to garnish my wages, I don't sleep at night and am constantly worrying.
Is there any tax attorney's who would help me for not a lot of money??
I spoke with a tax attorney in Vermont a few weeks ago and he charged me $330 for about 1 &1/2 hour consultation which I can't afford!
I did not sign anything with him, but he is a very good lawyer!
Is there someone who would help me with these tax returns to maximize my deductions, then someone to help me deal with the IRS to try and set up a payment schedule.
I'm also considering Bankruptcy, since I have a few large issues which I had to "Voluntarily Repo" my two GM vehicles and now they're looking to get about $10K which of course I don't have!
Between my two jobs I make around $48K which I pay about $9600 a year in child support.
Thank you for any help or advice :confused: :confused: any of you can give to me.

R.S.

Listen, if anyone needs an attorney (a tax attorney) it is YOU! Eventhough he is not inexpensive, it really will be worth your while. He will take a huge burden off of your shoulders. Dealing with the IRS is high priority. The good news is -- you can pay them whatever you owe them in installments, which means they work with you if you deal openly and honestly with them. Your life is far from simple -- two years of not filing tax returns, paying money to your former wife, almost being in bankruptcy, fear of foreclosure on your home by August while simultaneously paying rent, taking care of your special needs daughter -- you have a full plate. Losing sleep only worsens your situation -- if I were you -- go to that attorney -- hopefully he'll be able to set up a plan whereby you can pay him in installments -- paying your attorney is the least of your worries -- if he gets you out of this mess -- believe you me, his services will be worth it! Get all of your records, receipts in order showing what you receive and what you pay out -- gather all documents that prove this and/or that -- regarding your house/home, your daughter and all related bills and payments, payments to your wife, forms showing your income, bills showing everything you've spent on everything related to work, your daughter, your home, etc. -- Just go to that lawyer -- having a good lawyer will help you enormously.:angel

Thank you Eagle20!!

Thank you for your reply Eagle20! I guess you're right about getting that attorney, and I will do what ever I can to gain his services!
I do have one more question? There is an organization here in Vermont called Vermont Legal Aid, would it be worth my wild to try them??
Thank you again!

R.S.:)

Look, Legal Aid helps people who are financially in a bind so you WILL save money in lawyer fees -- the question is whether they will do as good a job for you as a good hired attorney. What do you think? I cannot answer that -- it would depend on the experience and thoroughness of the lawyer you get at Legal Aid. This is your call -- the future will tell you whether you made the right decision. Whatever you do, don't forget to come back and share your experience with us.

Good Luck! :angel

Point well taken Eagle20!
Thank you again for your insight, I will indeed come back and share my experience with you, it's the least I can do....

R.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back