Consumer Fraud Target Software Return Policy Vs. Software Makers Return Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erickkwan

I recently purchased a software from Target that I have to return since I'm not satisfied with the product.
On the product it self, there's a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee (also on the company website) that stated, "..full refund if you're not satisfied with your purchase".

After contacting the software maker customer service, I was advised to return the product to the store for the full refund. However, due to Target open software policy, they can not take that item back. I've also mentioned about my conversation with the cust. svcs and about the 100% customer satisfaction guarantee from the software but the onsite store manager didn't care about it.

So I'm stuck with a useless product. My question is, whose return policy is correct? Should Target or the Software maker change their policy?

Thanks.

I would ask the software company to take it back. Call them and ask if you can get a refund from them per their satisfaction statement. Good luck!

When I spoke with the software company customer service, I've also mentioned about the possibility of target not accepting it back since it's already open, to which the rep said that it will not be a problem. The problem is, it is clearly stated on the software company site that to get the full refund, I have to bring it back to the retail store where I purchased it.

You can try calling the software co. back & tell them Target will not accept the software back since it has been opened & see what they say. It would have been a good idea to have asked the name of the rep. you talked to at the software co. who said there should be no problem with Target taking it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back