taking away paying hours after docuented on time card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamma

A little history:
My husband just called from work during his lunch upset. He says his boss has informed him that his pay check will be short (they get paid every two weeks) that the boss/owner says he will not be paying my husband the 4 hours over time for going into work earlier any where fro 1/2 and hour to 15 minutes before my husband is to open the store at 9am. My husband goes in early because the boss expects him to rake the gravel drive/parking lot pick up any trash that blew over from the restaurants across the road, and start power washing buildings on the lot as well as all the other duties he is to do during the day. My husband also feels his boss nit picks and harasses him compared to other employees. This boss currently has a court date set for this month for assaulting one of his employees, and my husband thinks this has a lot to do with the bosses attitude towards him. This boss every day harasses my husband with threats and tells my husband he is lieing and stealing hours from him.There is a lot more about this boss that is disturbing but I would like to know about taking hours away after they have been documented on the time card.

My question is,, can this boss refuse to pay the over time after its been documented on time cards?

he is paid hourly, he sells carports,sheds,furniture,and other misc items, as for nonexempt I'm not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back