Take ownership back

LadyArizona

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I bought a truck from my sister in 2012.
I agreed to let her be a lein holder on the title for the only reason being so that I couldnt take a title loan out on it. She took the truck stating she was going to sell it. She orginally bought it for 8000 and I bought it from her for 3500 cash when I got my income tax return.
There was a few times I borrowed money from her and she said not to worry about paying her back. When I asked her about getting my money back that I paided her when I bought it when she sells it she I will get nothing and its hers because in her mind the times I borrowed money from her she sutracted those amounts from the money I bought it from her. Does she a a right to take the truck back from me?

"Does she have a right to take the truck back from me?" YES.

Why? The only reason for the lein was so that I dont get a title loan. I dont owe her any money. Tell me why she has a right to take it back

I would never have bought the truck under her conditions.
However, you agreed to her onerous, ridiculous, excessive demands.
Now you're paying the price.
But, whatever I say or think is meaningless and useless to you.
I don't have your truck.
I didn't take your truck.
I don't know anything about the charlatan that conned you and now has your truck.
I suggest you ask her, that is, if she'll listen to you.
She might shoot you, to protect HER new truck.

I would never have bought the truck under her conditions.
However, you agreed to her onerous, ridiculous, excessive demands.
Now you're paying the price.
But, whatever I say or think is meaningless and useless to you.
I don't have your truck.
I didn't take your truck.
I don't know anything about the charlatan that conned you and now has your truck.
I suggest you ask her, that is, if she'll listen to you.
She might shoot you, to protect HER new truck.[/QUOTE

OUCH!!!! NO SENSE IN TRUDTING FAMILY IS THERE THEN

Well, apparently she changed her mind about you not owing her money and considered the money you borrowed from her to be a debt.

You're better off not borrowing money from her or any friend or relative, but it's a little late now.

I discovered on my own a course of action I can take and will do so. When it works out to my advantage I will do a follow up so that anyone else facing a similar situation could help them as well.
So the negative feed back I got after I posted my question here didnt stop me from finding a solution. It was just a poor choice on my part to think I could get any constructive feedback here.

Last edited:
Back