Taekwando Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helpmeplease77

Okay well I have signed a 3 year contract for my son. It turns out he no longer wants to attend these classes but I don't know if it's possible to get out of this contract? I live in Illinois and I know that in some states contracts can't last more than a year and I'm wondering if Illinois is one of them. I need help so if can give me any sort of information that would help.

Okay well I have signed a 3 year contract for my son. It turns out he no longer wants to attend these classes but I don't know if it's possible to get out of this contract? I live in Illinois and I know that in some states contracts can't last more than a year and I'm wondering if Illinois is one of them. I need help so if can give me any sort of information that would help.

You can Google most anything.

Try it, it works.

Also, have you spoken with the instructor or facility?

If not, start with that and see how far you get.

I have tried and I got a speech about the benefits of it, but I don't see his promises meeting my criteria. For example: he's always saying it's about discipline and being a good kid and it'll help him do his homework but he's actually doing worse because of how busy he is in school. His grades dropped and he's a lot more stressed now that he's under a contract and supposedly can't cancel without a valid reason.

If you can't find your answer, you can always run the contract by an attorney for his/her opinion.

OP, I think you might be misunderstanding a bit. No state has a one-fits-all statute making all contracts valid only for one year. Per Illinois, you're stuck with this one. You signed up for 3 years, you're going to owe for the full 3 years unless the Taekwando place allows you to cancel without penalty.

Sorry.

(Think about this as if it was a car lease. You sign up for a 3 year lease. You're legally bound by that lease unless the lease-holder agrees to renegotiate with you - and they're under no obligation to do so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back