Suspended license.

BigHead

Jurisdiction
Maine
Got pulled over for speed.
No ticket. Didn't have my insurance card, no ticket for that either.

but... apparently my license has been suspended since sept for not paying a ticket. I had paid it by this time; but didn't know my license was ever suspended.

cop waited for me to get someone to take my vehicle. He left me with my license too. I had it sorted next day with a phone call to bmv.

Obviously worth trying to contest. It's 8 points (never had any points) and guessing insurance won't like it. Do I do the reschedule game or just go with the first set of date options? Do you usually meet with the cop before the judge and try to agree to something or it just go to the judge?

Concentrate on getting your license reinstated then go to court on the scheduled date. Don't play games with this.

I don't know what will happen in court. You'll just have to wait and see. Having the reinstatement will obviously be a plus.

Word of advice. Until you get the reinstatement, don't drive. Get pulled over again and you're toast.

Chances are just paying the ticket doesn't get the suspension automatically lifted. You need to check with the DMV to see if you have to pay some type of suspension termination fee.

To pay the Maine BMV reinstatement fees visit the local Maine BMV office in person OR call: (207) 624-9000. TTY: Maine relay 711.

The Maine BMV will provide the exact amount of fees/fines/costs to reinstate your suspended driver's license, refer to your suspension notice when contacting the Maine BMV.

You no longer have the notice, use your personal information and your Maine drivers license number.

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

Back