suspended license...will it affect a non driving job opportunity.

A

ayameko619

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I had a ticket I got back in 2015. I was barely speeding, but I was unfamiliar with the area and didn't see the speed limit change. I've never had any tickets on my record, but I had to go to court for this one. I went to court, and they stated my trial would be at a later date. Well on that later date I could not attend due to me being in surgery. They gave me a failure to appear and I spoke with someone at the court house and provided proof that I was in surgery. Well, they sent a letter stating my license would be revoked if I did not pay $405 instead of $205 for the failure to appear, because they did nothing about my not being able to show up even though I asked for a rescheduling prior. I paid the fine the day of them stating it would be suspended and they insisted it was a day late and now they want me to pay $100 to reinstate my license. I got a job offer to a hotel that I really like and I'm worried about this affecting my chances now. Will the suspended license affect me getting this job even though it shouldn't have been suspended. I paid the fine while I'm out of work, so it's not like I can just pay that extra $100. I have not been driving with my license suspended, and I was going to reinstate my license with the money I got from my first check at this job. I even tried showing the DMV and the court house the receipt that I have dated stating when I paid, but they insist it was a day late.

I had a ticket I got back in 2015. I was barely speeding, but I was unfamiliar with the area and didn't see the speed limit change. I've never had any tickets on my record, but I had to go to court for this one. I went to court, and they stated my trial would be at a later date. Well on that later date I could not attend due to me being in surgery. They gave me a failure to appear and I spoke with someone at the court house and provided proof that I was in surgery. Well, they sent a letter stating my license would be revoked if I did not pay $405 instead of $205 for the failure to appear, because they did nothing about my not being able to show up even though I asked for a rescheduling prior. I paid the fine the day of them stating it would be suspended and they insisted it was a day late and now they want me to pay $100 to reinstate my license. I got a job offer to a hotel that I really like and I'm worried about this affecting my chances now. Will the suspended license affect me getting this job even though it shouldn't have been suspended. I paid the fine while I'm out of work, so it's not like I can just pay that extra $100. I have not been driving with my license suspended, and I was going to reinstate my license with the money I got from my first check at this job. I even tried showing the DMV and the court house the receipt that I have dated stating when I paid, but they insist it was a day late.

Who knows if your prospective employer will discover your "secret", or if it is discovered, what will be done about it.

Why worry about something that you could eliminate for $100?

You might not get the job you're seeking, and this might matter next week when you're pursuing another job.

Be smart, clean up your life, and keep it clean.

That way, you'll never have to worry about anyone discovering anything about you but positive stuff.

Who knows if your prospective employer will discover your "secret", or if it is discovered, what will be done about it.

Why worry about something that you could eliminate for $100?

You might not get the job you're seeking, and this might matter next week when you're pursuing another job.

Be smart, clean up your life, and keep it clean.

That way, you'll never have to worry about anyone discovering anything about you but positive stuff.

The problem is I don't have $100. Between the medical bills, my insurance and paying this fine I have no savings left. I've been out of work for several months. This shouldn't have happened int he first place. My life is very clean, this is the only time I've ever been pulled over or had any type of dealing with the law. It's real easy to say oh just pay it when you don't know the entire situation money wise. It shouldn't have happened, and I can't afford to pay it so... any other advise?

It shouldn't have happened, and I can't afford to pay it so... any other advise?

Don't assume it is easy for me to suggest to you that you pay the $100 to make this go away forever.

I suggest that you pay because I know THEY won't call their "pitbulls", "hound dogs", "lions", "tigers", or "bears" (OH MY) off your scent until their savage beasts have fully destroyed your life.

Thats aid, have you asked the overlord that wants the $100 id you can pay in $10 installments, or whatever arrangement you can do to make this disappear?

The overlords do allow us little peasants to make payments, because they want money, not our useless hides.

When I say keep your life clean, don't presume I am saying you have "been living dirty".

No, I'm saying that you, like all of us, were SULLIED by one of their many agents or processes.

Therefore, I suggest you pay them their tribute so you can go about your business without being impeded by their actions.

Mate, there's no way one of us microscopic creatures can can make any of our giant overlords and overseers leave us be.

We can't make them change their mind, and when they demand money, I've learned its best just to fork it over.

I say that, as one who has served as a judge and was charged with ordering people pay money for the transgressions the overlords deemed others have committed, a judge.

But, you're free to tell me GTFOH and STFU.

I get it, mate, so you have it your way.

Good luck.

Don't assume it is easy for me to suggest to you that you pay the $100 to make this go away forever.

I suggest that you pay because I know THEY won't call their "pitbulls", "hound dogs", "lions", "tigers", or "bears" (OH MY) off your scent until their savage beasts have fully destroyed your life.

Thats aid, have you asked the overlord that wants the $100 id you can pay in $10 installments, or whatever arrangement you can do to make this disappear?

The overlords do allow us little peasants to make payments, because they want money, not our useless hides.

When I say keep your life clean, don't presume I am saying you have "been living dirty".

No, I'm saying that you, like all of us, were SULLIED by one of their many agents or processes.

Therefore, I suggest you pay them their tribute so you can go about your business without being impeded by their actions.

Mate, there's no way one of us microscopic creatures can can make any of our giant overlords and overseers leave us be.

We can't make them change their mind, and when they demand money, I've learned its best just to fork it over.

I say that, as one who has served as a judge and was charged with ordering people pay money for the transgressions the overlords deemed others have committed, a judge.

But, you're free to tell me GTFOH and STFU.

I get it, mate, so you have it your way.

Good luck.

Lol I'm not going to tell you to GTFOH or STFU. Why would I do that? Anyhow, thank you for the advice. I was just trying to see if there were any other options besides paying immediately what I don't have. I guess I'll try asking around to see if I can borrow the money from someone. I really do hate this process though....I don't see how people have multiple run ins with the law. I got a ticket and I hate the legal system. I couldn't imagine it being anything else, but again thank you for the advise.

Lol I'm not going to tell you to GTFOH or STFU. Why would I do that? Anyhow, thank you for the advice. I was just trying to see if there were any other options besides paying immediately what I don't have. I guess I'll try asking around to see if I can borrow the money from someone. I really do hate this process though....I don't see how people have multiple run ins with the law. I got a ticket and I hate the legal system. I couldn't imagine it being anything else, but again thank you for the advise.

That is what I was implying by keeping your life clean.

I hate 80% of the laws we are forced to obey.

I obey those laws, too, because I don't want to be awakened one morning by a squad of armed people throwing stun grenades through my windows, and using an armored vehicle with a battering ram to enter my home.

So, I obey THEIR laws, don't argue with their "enforcers", and pay the tribute they demand - IE: their ridiculous taxes, which to me is simply confiscation of my wealth.

For example, why do states, counties, and cities tax my purchases of my underwear, my shoes, my jellybeans, mostly everything from a local retailer?

I rented a car this past weekend to attend an aunt's funeral.
The taxes on the "great deal" I made with the rental company amounted to 33%, yet I made no deal with the taxing authorities.

You can try to keep them out of your life, but they find ways to insert themselves into it anyway.

If you are applying for a job that doesn't require you to drive you could still get it. Depends on the employer. I know people with suspended licenses who still maintained employment. They just had to bug people to get a ride.

Back