Suspended License + FTA

Michael D

Jurisdiction
California
So in 2016 I was pulled over and cited for speeding and expired license. I was in a really bad place personally at the time and just didn't go to the court date. Fast forward to 2019 and I go through a DUI check point and get arrested on a bench warrant after they run my license. Spend 15 hours in holding and they cite release me. I go to the court date they give me and when the judge reads my charges, the 2016 ticket and the bench warrant he asks where I've been for the past three years, I respond with I was just being irresponsible and scared. He says he's entering a not guilty plea on my behalf and my pre-trial is scheduled in two weeks. At this point I'm just wondering what are my possible outcomes here? I know this all completely my fault but I'm the sole provider for my wife and two kids and if I go to jail for any length of time I will lose my job. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you for your time.

You can ask for court appointed counsel to address the DUI.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

Stop talking about this, speak only to your lawyer.

If convicted you'll receive a huge fine, massive court costs, be required to attend alcohol related classes, and have no license for quite some time to come.

Your lawyer can provide more precise details, so be patient.

While you're waiting get into an AA group today and seek sobriety!

You can ask for court appointed counsel to address the DUI.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

Stop talking about this, speak only to your lawyer.

If convicted you'll receive a huge fine, massive court costs, be required to attend alcohol related classes, and have no license for quite some time to come.

Your lawyer can provide more precise details, so be patient.

While you're waiting get into an AA group today and seek sobriety!

I appreciate the response, but there was no DUI in this situation sir.

I see the confusion, I went through a DUI check point but I was not under the influence. I had a bench warrant for an FTA. No DUI

Better for you, mate.

The gubmint wants money.

You can eventually arrange a payment plan and end this disruption to your life.

In time you can even regain your driving privileges.

Just learn to handle your business and ALWAYS obey all of their laws.

They get angry when someone breaks their laws.

Better for you, mate.

The gubmint wants money.

You can eventually arrange a payment plan and end this disruption to your life.

In time you can even regain your driving privileges.

Just learn to handle your business and ALWAYS obey all of their laws.

They get angry when someone breaks their laws.

So, the chances of me going to jail over this are low? I don't mind paying or probation or both as long as I can keep my job and provide for my family. I have re-attained my license already and am fully insured.

So, the chances of me going to jail over this are low? I don't mind paying or probation or both as long as I can keep my job and provide for my family. I have re-attained my license already and am fully insured.

Mate, I have no authority over what happens to you.

However, most people would never do one day in jail over this nonsense.

Be smart, never do this again.

The gubmint computers never forget.

When you return to court, see how much money the gubmint requires, then cut a deal, if you can.

Mate, I have no authority over what happens to you.

However, most people would never do one day in jail over this nonsense.

Be smart, never do this again.

The gubmint computers never forget.

When you return to court, see how much money the gubmint requires, then cut a deal, if you can.

Thank you very much sir! Appreciate all the insight and advice!

Back