Support Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine4282

Hello and thank you for your time. I have been divorced for 4 years and have been paying child support on my daughter who i adopted and my son. My dautgter has dropped out of high school will be 18 in Dec is getting her GED (which i think is great) Now wants to go to college. She still lives with my ex-wife. My son has been living with me for over a year now (he is still in school). I still pay support for both of my children however my ex-wife is taking me back to court for support modifications. I have no problem paying support however she does not work and has an LPN license for over 10 years. How can she get more child support when my son has been living with me for over a year and she doesnt even work? What do i need to to to be prepared for court since I am going to do this without an attourney.

Last edited:
First of all you need to file for custody of the son and to stop child support.
Why are you paying support when the boy is with you? Argue that mom is employable and volunatarily unemployed. You should google your states child support guidelines. When you go to court you can ask for a credit of CS that you have been paying on the boy since he lives with you.

You do not but it depends on your state. If you know how to fillout the paperwork right you do not need an attorney. Maybe google some fathers rights groups in your state to see if anyone can guide you? Go down to the court house and see if they have a family law fascilitatir avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back