Supervisor Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunhart

I have been with a company for almost 8 years. Have been a good employee and always above average reviews. A new female employee started in Dec of 2004. She is very open with her sexuality and shows it in the way she dresses and in her behavior. The 2 supervisors and 1 manager feed her with their attention and remarks back and have caused a hostile environment for me and others, not all of them are female who are offended. I read and copied some e-mail from her computer at work. The e-mails are from the supervisors and manager which consist of lies about me and another female co-worker and sexual comments and derogatory comments about me and another employee. I am being made to feel like I better not speak up. I want to file a claim with HR. Do I have a case? Am I in the wrong for reading and copying the e-mail? Please help me with this. I want to quit my job so bad, but I just can't right now. Thank you for your help! Please let me know as soon as possible.

I read and copied some e-mail from her computer at work. And who authorized you to do that???

Am I in the wrong for reading and copying the e-mail? Yes! You helped yourself to your supervisor's PC and accessed email that you had absolutely no business reading.

As far as I can see, you have a female supervisor who acts sexy at work and several managers who flirt with her. Unless you have left out some very significant information, this is not a hostile work environment and no, you don't have a case.

You're welcome to go to HR and complain about the unprofessional behavior that's going on but if you share those emails, you may well find yourself terminated for what you did. Your supervisor's conduct is unacceptable; yours however is cause for immediate termination.

I agree, you getting into someone else's PC was wrong and that is a terminable offense.

If this all still continues and it still makes you feel uncomfortable, see about transferring or getting another job.

I did not get into my supervisor's computer. My co-worker who is female, new on the job 6 months, was out sick. Another co-worker, female, was told to work at the desk of the sick co-worker. When she was sending out e-mail pertaining to work, she noticed a lot of e-mail to this employee from our supervisors and manager. She took it upon herself to open and read the e-mail. She called me over to the computer and I read some of them and since they were out and out lies about me and I couldn't go to management because they are a 3 in on this, I printed them. The manager and 2 supervisors are male. This new employee has been open with her sexuality and flirting with management and others and creating a hostile workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back