Summer Vacation for my kids

Mike Lee

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi all Friends,

If my divorce decree does not stated that my ex have any summer vacation with my kids during their summer months (June - August) for another 3 years, then does that mean that I can take my kids aboard for vacation, during their whole vacation months? I am currently is the Sole Custody of my children.

Again, thank you so much.

Last edited:
It sounds like it though you could run it by your lawyer.

Hi all Friends,

If my divorce decree does not stated that my ex have any summer vacation with my kids during their summer months (June - August) for another 3 years, then does that mean that I can take my kids aboard for vacation, during their whole vacation months? I am currently is the Sole Custody of my children.

Again, thank you so much.

Getting passports for the tykes might prove difficult.
I'll allow you enjoy that special adventure.

Getting passports for the tykes might prove difficult.
I'll allow you enjoy that special adventure.

It will not be difficult, because my final divorce decree have stated that only myself as the Sole Custody of my children has the right to get passports for my children, my Ex is not needed to appear.
*I just would like to know how long can I take my children out of US during their summer vacation months.

It will not be difficult, because my final divorce decree have stated that only myself as the Sole Custody of my children has the right to get passports for my children, my Ex is not needed to appear.
*I just would like to know how long can I take my children out of US during their summer vacation months.

Okay, good for you.
I know, but I've decided NOT to help you.

Good luck.

Ask your lawyer.

Your custody agreement is not binding on the state department. They do not have to change their procedures for obtaining a passport for a minor because of an agreement you have with your ex. If the father is entitled to visitation with one or more of the children at a set interval, that does not change over the summer unless the agreement specifically states visitation is waived over the summer. It is also not uncommon to have a clause related to taking the children out of the state or country. Read yours to see if there is such a clause. sole physical custody alone doesn't cut it.

Back