International Issue Suing U.S. company from outside U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessrose

I used to work at a very huge American company in Asia which has a head office in the U.S. for 6 years and 8months until this February.

First of all, I would like you to understand that I strongly would like to sue this company in the U.S.

This company is very huge american company, as famous as one of the best 100 admired company of Fortune.
I used to work at international office of this company for many years, and sexually harassed for 3 years by several managers, several departments.
Yes of course, I've reported to Human Resources each time and the other managers about harassment, discrimination but they did NOTHING. They ignored my voice.
In this February, I've submitted a report regarding harassment, discrimination and illegal acts made by managers and Vice President to the internal audit of head office in U.S.
In March, internal audit of U.S. came to my country to thank me for the report and promised to not ignore my voice and solve the problems very soon.
They said "You are the only and first one who is whistleblowing at our company, appreciating and will solve the problems very soon".
But unfortunately, they suddenly changed their attitude to very abusive against me. I think that the things were more serious than they expected. They asked me to keep everything in secret! Why??
As far as I know about the illegal acts made by many managers and many departments, probably the internal audit of U.S. found the thing is very serious and can not fire all the related people because it will be a big volume.
At this moment, no one is fired or punished.
Also, office in my country can not take over the thing because the U.S. head office has decided to take over everything by themselves.

I'm serious. Please help.

This is a good question and makes me realize that we may need to separate this section if these questions arise regularly! Your question is one of jurisdiction and I'm not sure that the case would ultimately be tried in the US. This is because most of the issues you describe occurred in Asia. How could witnesses be called for testimony? Are each of them supposed to be flown into the US for the hearing? In addition to the issue of a lack of convenience (also known as "forum non conveniens"), who is paying for all of this to take place? It would seem that the most appropriate place to file suit would likely be in Asia, IMHO.

I'm very sorry to hear about the abuse you claim and hope that you can find a good attorney to represent you. You will probably get best advice from one and also see if he/she is willing to take your case on contingency, meaning they will pay for most of the cost of litigation in anticipation of receiving money back from winning/settling. In speaking an attorney and seeing whether they are willing to fight your battle you'll get a better idea as to whether you have a strong case. Best of luck to you and I and am sure many others appreciate people like you who have the courage to stand up for what you believe is the right thing to do. :)

I used to work at a very huge American company in Asia which has a head office in the U.S. for 6 years and 8months until this February.

First of all, I would like you to understand that I strongly would like to sue this company in the U.S.

This company is very huge american company, as famous as one of the best 100 admired company of Fortune.
I used to work at international office of this company for many years, and sexually harassed for 3 years by several managers, several departments.
Yes of course, I've reported to Human Resources each time and the other managers about harassment, discrimination but they did NOTHING. They ignored my voice.
In this February, I've submitted a report regarding harassment, discrimination and illegal acts made by managers and Vice President to the internal audit of head office in U.S.
In March, internal audit of U.S. came to my country to thank me for the report and promised to not ignore my voice and solve the problems very soon.
They said "You are the only and first one who is whistleblowing at our company, appreciating and will solve the problems very soon".
But unfortunately, they suddenly changed their attitude to very abusive against me. I think that the things were more serious than they expected. They asked me to keep everything in secret! Why??
As far as I know about the illegal acts made by many managers and many departments, probably the internal audit of U.S. found the thing is very serious and can not fire all the related people because it will be a big volume.
At this moment, no one is fired or punished.
Also, office in my country can not take over the thing because the U.S. head office has decided to take over everything by themselves.

I'm serious. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back