suing for STDs

lolitta

Hello. I want to sue my ex for passing hpv to me. He said that he didn't know and I believed him at 1st but he got engaged and was about to get married to a girl in another country and he didn't tell her and each time I asked him he used to say I'll tell her when I want and its something I decide. recently he was with another girl and I also asked him but he wasn't answering and when I tried to speak to the girl he pulled her away. He wasn't using condoms always when he was sleeping with girls. And he start to have symptoms in the 1st month we start dating but drs were saying its just a normal pimples but few months later they were getting really bad and he went to a dermatologist and the dr told him its hpv and I had symptoms couple of months after that. And one more thing when we were talking about how life will be after this virus he used to say its just pimples you get it and you can just treat it In a very careless way.please advice me what can I do as soon as possible. Thank you. Best regards

You're in Germany. This forum focuses on US law. You might want to see a REAL LAWYER in GERMANY, because you seem to have a very REAL PROBLEM.

You might also get a very thorough examination from a physician. No telling what other STUFF he may be passing around or inside of unsuspecting people. I wish you well.

You likely don't have much of an argument to make anyway. Perhaps when he met you he really didn't yet know?
Did you know that a crazy large percentage of the population carries HPV? It would be near impossible to prove you didn't already have it.
Time may also be an issue depending upon how long it has been since you found out you have HPV.

Interestingly enough, it's not impossible to find a sort of "patient zero" (it's not as easy as they pretend on L&O). However that would be an investigation within the US.

Germany is not the US.

Men cannot be tested for HPV like woman. There are also many forms, most of which are harmless. As noted a great percentage of the population has HPV in one form or another. You could have gotten it from someone else unless you were a total virgin.

More of an issue here is knowledge and causation. Since it seems you were earlier than the others and actual testing, it's difficult for you to prove he actually knew he had a condition. If doctors were telling him there wasn't anything to worry about, then he wasn't negligent either. And if you suspected something, you did have a remedy - not sleeping with him until he was tested. And if you don't like that option, then using a condom would have been another requirement until he was tested.

Granted, I didn't specifically refer to HPV.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Nushawn Williams and at least the initial determination of Gaëtan Dugas as patient zero (which as we know wasn't exactly the case, despite what Randy Shilts claimed)

sorry for the late reply. they weren't but I was in touch with him when all these happened. He used to say he didn't know but with what I saw I don't believe him anymore.

Thank you. I am trying to contact lawyers but tge problem is I don't know which ones work on these cases because the 3 I contacted don't :(

he used condoms but I think it was too late but what I know hpv is contagious even with condoms. It's skin to skin contact matter so what woukd be the point?

Back